• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Key West

FlyFish

Reaction score
What a weekend. Not real warm, but warmer than anyplace else in the contiguous US. Got off the plane at noon Thursday and it started off well. By 3PM I had had sex, a cigar and a frozen margarita...but not all at the same time...THAT would have been cool. Anyway, I said that to my wife and she thought it was funny which is the only reason I relay it.

Ate two nights at Turtle Kraals, which after 20 years still has conch chowder that is truely awesome. Bought and smoked supposed homerolled cigars from three vendors. One sucked, one was OK and one was good enough that I went back for more. La Liga brand or something like that.

Went to one sunset...unfortunately that's all there was during our three nights there...and was pleased to see that "Catman" is still there and still tells the same jokes he told 20 years ago when I remember him from spring break.

Went to Captain Tony's and actually saw Captain Tony. The one night we didn;t take the camera, grrrrr. 20 years ago a buddy and I spent 12 1/2 straight hours in that bar. They even allowed us behind the bar for a little while. Back then all they served there was bottled beer and a frozen hurricane concoction so tending bar was a pretty easy job, LOL. His line to us that day won't be forgotten..."God bless you college kids, you sure can drink". I had a picture taken with him back then and it would have been neat to get another one just to see who looks worse after 20 years. Oh well, it was still cool to see him alive and kicking.

Loved the "drag" show at what I think was called the 801 club. They closed a block of Duval on Saturday night and did a "cleaner" version of the show on a stage in the middle of the street. It was a riot!

You South Florida guys are so lucky to be able to get down there with regularity.

Used to go down at least once a month with the wife. Then we found a dog. Then we found another dog. Then we found another dog.

Hey, is Ricks Upstairs still around, and do they still advertise wet T shirt contest? :p

God I love Key West. Went there for 2 Spring Breaks in college. Wanted to go back last year for my Bachelor Party trip, then I remembered that I work at a University (as does one of my best friends and traveling companions) and risked running into some students and decided against it. Rumrunners, Sloppy Joe's, Capt. Tony's, Mulcahey's...the "wet t-shirt" contest at Rumrunners... :cool:

God I love Key West. Went there for 2 Spring Breaks in college. Wanted to go back last year for my Bachelor Party trip, then I remembered that I work at a University (as does one of my best friends and traveling companions) and risked running into some students and decided against it. Rumrunners, Sloppy Joe's, Capt. Tony's, Mulcahey's...the "wet t-shirt" contest at Rumrunners... :cool:

Yea buddy! Those wet t contest did get outta hand :love: