• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knob Creek Small Batch Bourbon

I just got a bottle of this for Christmas.

This really smells great. Someone previously mentioned vanilla and I also smell some pepper. It has a nice, smooth and sweet smell.

The taste is just briefly sweet and like a very smooth syrup before the spicy/peppery taste takes over and it becomes, to my newbie mouth, a little rough. The pepper is a bit much for me. That's what my untrained mouth tells me, anyway.

I sipped a finger of the stuff but I enjoyed it better with an ice cube and then even more so with just a splash of coke. It's not much of a mixer overall, though, but that's how I like mine most of the time. Probably blasphemy on this board, I know, but straight bourbon just has too much of an edge for me.

So Mr. Eddie's Father, I saw you reading my reviews on the Laphroaig 30 and Johnny Waler Blue but this is the one you picked for your first post. Please go to the intro forum for your next post and let us know a little bit about ya.

Nice to see this review come around again. Not just a great Bourbon, but an incredible value. I find it smooth and not as woody as the others in the Beam Small Batch Line. (To me, Bookers tatses like your biting into one of those model balsa wood planes!)

This is also one sneaky Bourbon. You drink it and drink it and everything seems fine and then it just slams you in the face! A few years back while on vacation, I sat down on the deck with a book, a bottle, a glass and a VSG Spellbound and I when I was done with the 2 hour smoke, I couldn't stand!

I really like Knob Creek, Bookers which is part of the Beam small batch collection is very good IMO as well.

Bumpage. :D

I've been a Woodford Reserve aficionado for awhile, but I find I'm tending more and more to Knob Creek lately . . . there's a wonderful hint of cinnamon and nutmeg to this one for me that is really pleasant. It's spicier and a bit more rounded than the Woodford, and a nice change of pace.

~Boar

I've been a Woodford Reserve aficionado for awhile, but I find I'm tending more and more to Knob Creek lately . . . there's a wonderful hint of cinnamon and nutmeg to this one for me that is really pleasant. It's spicier and a bit more rounded than the Woodford, and a nice change of pace.

~Boar
Both the Bourbons you mention are on my short list of favorites. I find they go well with just about any medium to full body smoke, but my favorite is a Padron 1926 #2 with either of these.

~Boar
Both the Bourbons you mention are on my short list of favorites. I find they go well with just about any medium to full body smoke, but my favorite is a Padron 1926 #2 with either of these.

That's a wonderful cigar! :thumbs:

I'm finding that the Woodford had more caramel, the Knob more spice . . . neither holds a candle to the Stagg, but they're damn good bourbons regardless, and I can't get enough Stagg to last all year! :sign:

~Boar

I think I will give this the Ralph experiment also. Sounds like a no lose combo.