• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

KU Claim's Their 5th Big 12 Championship

GDeAngelo

Well, KU pulled ahead of Texas again this year in our conference. With only one of our starters from our 2008 team, many thought this would be a year of rebuilding. I feel for as young as this team is, they are stepping up and causing some noise. Now, I don't expect to reach the elite 8, but still, The 2009 team has done well so far. Do we have any other KU fans here on CP? Or am I the only one with good taste when it comes to Men's NCAA Ball? :whistling:

-Gianni-

Losing all five starters from the National Championship team, I didn't expect KU to win the league for a fifth straight year! They have performed above my expectations so far, so unless they lose their first game in the next two tournaments, I will be happy with this "rebuilding" season.

Losing all five starters from the National Championship team, I didn't expect KU to win the league for a fifth straight year! They have performed above my expectations so far, so unless they lose their first game in the next two tournaments, I will be happy with this "rebuilding" season.

Whoa, a fellow Kansas Citian. I need a new smoking buddy, lol. :cool:
I agree with your comment.

-Gianni-

It has been a fun, and at times frustrating, year to watch the Jayhawks. This years team I think really gives to just how good of a coach Bill Self really is. I think if the hawks are playing well in the tourney, they could absolutely turn some heads and possibly make it to another final four.

Edit to say - Rock Chalk!!

You didn't beat OU with Blake Griffin. Your championship doesn't count. :laugh:

It has been a fun, and at times frustrating, year to watch the Jayhawks. This years team I think really gives to just how good of a coach Bill Self really is. I think if the hawks are playing well in the tourney, they could absolutely turn some heads and possibly make it to another final four.

Edit to say - Rock Chalk!!

Agreed, when Bill got a technical, I got emotional. Bill will fight for his team. Bill is a leader. I'm glad to see my buddy Travis getting some play time. Final Four will get me smoking some of my reserve stash.

-Gianni-

I hope we get to meet OU with a healthy Blake Griffin in the Big 12 tourney so we can beat them again! :laugh:

I hope we get to meet OU with a healthy Blake Griffin in the Big 12 tourney so we can beat them again! :laugh:

Well, looks like that isn't going to happen now.

Oh man, the second half of the work day was not fun after that loss. Just a real piss poor performance on our part. The Hawks better pull their heads out if they expect to make any noise in the tourney.

HMMMM, I think ku will enjoy the time off until the NCAA tournament. I don't care about ku rebuilding. M----I----Z...........Z-----O------UUUUUUU! :D

Well, yesterday was horrible. I'm not going to go on a long rant. I just hope things are fixed. I could pin point all of the problems. It's crazy that OU is out also. If MU wins the Big 12 Tournament. I'm sure I'll break something.

-Gianni-

Well, yesterday was horrible. I'm not going to go on a long rant. I just hope things are fixed. I could pin point all of the problems. It's crazy that OU is out also. If MU wins the Big 12 Tournament. I'm sure I'll break something.

-Gianni-

After you're done breaking stuff you can then refer to us as BIG 12 CONFERENCE CHAMPS!

-Gianni-

After you're done breaking stuff you can then refer to us as BIG 12 CONFERENCE tournament CHAMPS!

Fixed that for ya, Brent! The Tigers still have a ways to go to catch KU's 9 Regular Season and 6 Tournament Championships in the thirteen seasons of the Big XII!

Whew, that one was to close for comfort. Bring on the Bears.

Congrats to the Tigers. They beat the #11 seed, the #7 seed (whose best player was hurt early in the game), and the #9 seed (playing their fourth game in four days. That is quite an accomplishment! :whistling:

Congrats to the Tigers. They beat the #11 seed, the #7 seed (whose best player was hurt early in the game), and the #9 seed (playing their fourth game in four days. That is quite an accomplishment! :whistling:

At least we didn't lose to that #9 seed. That would have been embarrassing. :whistling:

Yeah... that was embarrasing. But I really think that if we had played them on Saturday instead of Thursday, the score would have been a little different. Baylor was on fire Thursday, but their legs were gone by Saturday. But hey, a win is a win and a loss is a loss!