• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora Superiores (My very first Cigar)

drafter

Ok this is not only my first review, but my first experience with tabacco. I picked this particular cigar from my little collection to start off with because it was supposed to be mild. It's a cheap cigar, but I was more concerned with not making myself sick the first time.

Dr. Pepper at the ready and my wife sitting across from me hoping for some entertainment. Since my torch lighter still hasn't arrived I'm reduced to trying to light it with kitchen matches. Doesn't go as planned, but 5 matches later I think I've got it started.

First couple puffs...Lots of smoke, but that's about it. No taste of any kind that I can discern. I'm a bit bewildered because I'm getting lots of smoke but it amounts to not much more than hot air taste wise. I'm thinking to myself, "I know this thing is supposed to be mild, but this is rediculous!". Anyways it's burning fine so I just continue to smoke away.

About halfway thru I start to taste what I think everyone describes as a "leather" taste. Not bad at all. I'm a bit relieved at this point that, for better or worse, I'm at least tasting something. This flavor seems to last until about the last inch and a quarter.

I then get a little hit of what I think is "peppery", but honestly it doesn't last for more than maybe two or three puffs then it's gone. After that the remainder just seems to be a dry kinda smokey, what I think you guys probably describe as an "ash" kinda taste. Nothing bad, just nothing good either.

Total time to smoke was right at about an hour. Never felt the slightest bit of nausea or anything else for that matter. I think my wife was dissapointed it turned out to be a rather boring show. After some Orbit gum and brushing my teeth a couple times she didn't mind kissing me again anyways, so no problems there.

Overall impression of the experience was good. I enjoyed the act of just sitting there for an hour, relaxing and trying to figure out that cigar. I do think I'm going to skip to something that's supposed to be stronger for my next cigar. I think the Superiores is what most of you would probably describe as a "yardgar" or "dog rocket". Not something you'd choose to smoke most likely, unless you just needed to something to smoke.

Well thanks for letting me share my first experience.

Nice review. Keep it up. :thumbs:

Well done. Don't get hung up on what you think other people smoke, try a bunch of different ones and smoke what you like. Welcome to CP.

Nice review! Just keep trying cigars and you will eventually pick up on different flavors.

I personally thought the Superiores tasted like nothing but hot air and I tossed it after an inch. I like the full bodied sticks, so that may be why.

Nice review in the first place.

IMO the way you start is the best way. Begin with the mild to medium strength cigars and work your way up. Or else you could get sick with the chance you won't find out how pleasing and relaxing smoking cigars can be.

Hey, my first cigar was probably a swisher sweet or something like that. You are starting in the right place! :thumbs:

welcome to the slippery slope..... :thumbs:

My first cigar was a RyJ Cuban. I think I started out of the wrong side of the spectrum. Lol

Its obvious that you read a bunch before posting your review. Very well done. Don't worry so much about discerning the pepper, earth, leather, etc. An acceptable review is acceptable if all you say is that you liked it. I still can't pick that stuff out most of the time, but I know what I like.

Find yourself a HERF to attend and have a Brother show you how to roll the smoke through your nose without gagging.

Great first review, and congrats on your first cigar! Can't go wrong with a Padron if you are looking for something stronger, I love the Londres or the 2000's. :thumbs: