• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Carolina/Cupido

sduke

I couldn't find any info using the Search button, so I'll ask you guys.

A year or so ago, I was gifted a couple of Cupidos. I found them to be on the mild side to my taste but not a bad cigar (and I know everyone's tastes are different) as an occasional change of pace.

I know they're no longer made, but CubanCrafters says their La Carolinas have "the same tobacco and blend" as the Cupidos. I was wondering whether anyone here has tried both and if so, is the flavor profile really the same? I'm thinking about a purchase--probably just a sampler to have on hand.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

good question...

I sorta liked the Cupidos, too. It will be interesting to see if these are the same thing.

Sorry guys, I don't have an answer for ya - but before they went out of stock, I bought two boxes of the Cupidos. I bought the first box, and after really enjoying the smoke, got another about a week later. A friend of mine tried to buy a box a few days later and they were gone. I still have a box and a handful left, so if either of you guys want to do a trade, I would be happy to do so. The Cupidos have been resting comfortably in my humi for several months now. Just send me a pm and let me know if you're interested.

Alberto at CubanCrafters gifted me a couple 6" La Carolina smokes a month or so ago. I have one aging in my humidor. I think I gifted the other one, so I don't know what it may have been, also I never had one of the Cupidos you are referring to. When I fire up the one remaining one I'd be glad to report my experience, if that is any help.

lacarolina.jpg

Orangeman--

I appreciate the offer, but I don't really have anything worth trading at this time...

BrewMeister--

Yes, if you could post your thoughts on the Carolina, that would be great!

Thanks, guys, for the responses.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

No problem duke - I should have these around for a while, so if you feel like trading for a few later, just let me know. Take it easy...

I didn't find any other mention of it in a search, so in case anyone's interested - Cupidos are back. I ordered a box from Cubancrafters.com out of Miami. The sticks are due to hit my front porch on Jan. 2.

Sorry guys, I don't have an answer for ya - but before they went out of stock, I bought two boxes of the Cupidos. I bought the first box, and after really enjoying the smoke, got another about a week later. A friend of mine tried to buy a box a few days later and they were gone. I still have a box and a handful left, so if either of you guys want to do a trade, I would be happy to do so. The Cupidos have been resting comfortably in my humi for several months now. Just send me a pm and let me know if you're interested.

Do you have the churchills with a natural wrapper or the toro with the criollo wrapper. I really enjoyed the natural churchills back in the day.

I ordered the Criollo Doble, which according to the description and the picture is a box pressed perfecto. I just checked the cubancrafters website, and they do have the churchills.