• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor De Baloney Challenge

Dear Fellow Soon-to-Be-Baloney-Afficionados,

La Flor de Baloney has arrived. I hope to ship it out tomorrow to you. Unfortunately, the bundle will run out before I could accommodate all who wanted to participate and for that I apologize. The following participants should be getting a small baloney package next week. They are:

1) Herfin Bigdog
2) Vortex (if he sends me a name to mail to)
3) Seere
4) Davidr2340
5) Bilder
6) Tomthirtysix
7) Nullsmurf
8) OutlawD
9) Insight
10) Burnt Tongue
11) Mostlyholycerebus
12) Fetterjohn

I took your names and address from your profile if you did not email me anything different. Please let me know if it is something different. If I get to mail them out tomorrow I will let you know so you can be looking for them. As these cigars will have been in the mail for at least a week (coming from J&R to me to you) you may want to do whatever your custom is to ready them for smoke. G-d bless and let the fun soon begin!!

Dear Baloney Smokers,

INCOMING!!!!! I managed to get them mailed out today by overnight, airconditioned, humified, private jet!!! Well, maybe not. They are coming priority USPS and should be hitting your location Wednesday or Thursday next week. Let us know when they start arriving. I tried a couple but will hold off saying anything until you all get to smoke them. Just for the record, they are:

Flor de Baloney
Robusto, Maduro
5x50

I do believe we will have a topic to post next week. Let us see if J&R's insinuation about them being as good or better than RP Vintage to be true. I just want you all to appreciate the fact that this tobacco is over 100 years old!!! ( Or is that bullshitt??) :cool:

I forgot to mention that most of you will be getting two Robustos, but as the bundle was getting short due to my smoking some :whistling: , three or so of you will only be getting one. I apologize for my smoking too many. I have tried to make it up to you with something else. :cool:

I figured that smoking two would give you all a better idea of what the cigar is like.

... I figured that smoking two would give you all a better idea of what the cigar is like.

Your thinking is correct on this. I feel that you can not fairly judge a cigar without smoking at least three of a particular size of any cigar. And I say this because even within one particular line of cigars, one size may taste better than another size.

Whether or not I receive one or two cigars... Thank You for the opportunity to try them.

Rest assured that I will return the gesture. :)

I'm in. I'd be honored to review a cigar that needs condoments. :p

OH, sorry. I should read to the end before I post. ???

I'm in. I'd be honored to review a cigar that needs condoments. :p

OH, sorry. I should read to the end before I post. ???

Big Smoke,

Did you say that you would be honored to review a cigar that needs a condom?? OOPPS... I misread.. :rolleyes:

La Flor de Baloney has arrived. I hope to ship it out tomorrow to you. Unfortunately, the bundle will run out before I could accommodate all who wanted to participate and for that I apologize. The following participants should be getting a small baloney package next week. They are:

1) Herfin Bigdog
2) Vortex (if he sends me a name to mail to)DELETE! (not me; my name from the list :D )
3) Seere
4) Davidr2340
5) Bilder
6) Tomthirtysix
7) Nullsmurf
8) OutlawD
9) Insight
10) Burnt Tongue
11) Mostlyholycerebus
12) Fetterjohn

I took your names and address from your profile if you did not email me anything different. Please let me know if it is something different. If I get to mail them out tomorrow I will let you know so you can be looking for them. As these cigars will have been in the mail for at least a week (coming from J&R to me to you) you may want to do whatever your custom is to ready them for smoke. G-d bless and let the fun soon begin!!

Dear Baloney Smokers,

INCOMING!!!!! I managed to get them mailed out today by overnight, airconditioned, humified, private jet!!! Well, maybe not. They are coming priority USPS and should be hitting your location Wednesday or Thursday next week. Let us know when they start arriving. I tried a couple but will hold off saying anything until you all get to smoke them. Just for the record, they are:

Flor de Baloney
Robusto, Maduro
5x50

I do believe we will have a topic to post next week. Let us see if J&R's insinuation about them being as good or better than RP Vintage to be true. I just want you all to appreciate the fact that this tobacco is over 100 years old!!! ( Or is that bullshitt??) :cool:

I forgot to mention that most of you will be getting two Robustos, but as the bundle was getting short due to my smoking some :whistling: , three or so of you will only be getting one. I apologize for my smoking too many. I have tried to make it up to you with something else. :cool:

I figured that smoking two would give you all a better idea of what the cigar is like.
Since you are short due to smoking some, I'll gracefully bow out. That way you have at least one more particpant who will get two to try. One would be a bit indecisive. I'll PM you to make sure you get this.
Have fun guys,

Steve

1) Herfin Bigdog
2) Vortex (if he sends me a name to mail to)DELETE! (not me; my name from the list :D )
3) Seere
4) Davidr2340
5) Bilder
6) Tomthirtysix
7) Nullsmurf
8) OutlawD
9) Insight
10) Burnt Tongue
11) Mostlyholycerebus
12) Fetterjohn

Dear Baloney Smokers,

Flor de Baloney
Robusto, Maduro
5x50

Since you are short due to smoking some, I'll gracefully bow out. That way you have at least one more particpant who will get two to try. One would be a bit indecisive. I'll PM you to make sure you get this.
Have fun guys,

Steve

Dear Vortex,

You can't bow it. The check is in the mail. You all should be getting them tomorrow or Wednesday. In fact, when I mailed them, I did it blindly, so I don't even know who got only one. (There were only three that got one) Hey, if politicians can make decisions and do things with no evidence, doing it on one cigar is all ready ahead of the game!!!

:cool:

1) Herfin Bigdog
3) Seere
4) Davidr2340
5) Bilder
6) Tomthirtysix
7) Nullsmurf
8) OutlawD
9) Insight
10) Burnt Tongue
11) Mostlyholycerebus
12) Fetterjohn

Dear Baloney Smokers,

Flor de Baloney
Robusto, Maduro
5x50

Have fun guys,

Steve

Dear Vortex,

You can't bow it. The check is in the mail. You all should be getting them tomorrow or Wednesday. In fact, when I mailed them, I did it blindly, so I don't even know who got only one. (There were only three that got one) Hey, if politicians can make decisions and do things with no evidence, doing it on one cigar is all ready ahead of the game!!!

:cool:
"Have you ever had the feeling that you wanted to stay, but then had the feeling that you needed to go?" A Jimmy Durante moment? That's :cool: Can't wait to try it/them! Thanks SJM :thumbs:

Thanks Saxjazzman this is exciting and will be a very fun review.

I received your package today - two LFBs and a sweet hitchhiker. Not part of the deal but appreciated just the same. Thanks

They are recovering in the humi. The LFB wrapper is pretty dried out. For future reference: it helps to put cigars in a plastic bag when mailing. Cello is gas permeable so it offers no protection from drying.

Hopefully, we'll still be able to tell something about the LFB. If they are pretty good in spite of being dry then they might be worth a look. If they suck we'll never know if it was just the experience in the mail that ruined them or if they sucked anyway.

But it's always fun to compare notes and see how different people experience things. I'll give them a couple days to recover and try the first one, then wait a couple more and try the other one.

I received your package today - two LFBs and a sweet hitchhiker. Not part of the deal but appreciated just the same. Thanks

Same here. Thank you very much.

I'm going to let the first one sit a few days befroe taking her for a spin, and depending on how that comes out, see how long before the second one. Thanks again for the chance to be part of the research.

If I receive mine today as seems to be the pattern, mine will rest in the humi to acclimatize before I smoke them, particularly if they are somewhat dry after being shipped.

I hope you can wait at least a week for the review. :)

The bundle market is very competitive right now. Maybe more than ever. There are great deal to be had.
RP SG Select
Jose Piedra Cazedores and Brevas (ISOM at $66/25!!!)
Tampa Sweethearts
Flor de Ybor City
Famous 3000
and on and on. All good smokes, too. Oh, and RP Vintage Seconds, of course. :D

So La Flor De Bologna has some stiff competition.

The package has arrived! 2 vintage LFBs and a mysterious hitchhiker. Thanks for letting me participate SJM, I hope to get the first one smoked later this week after they get a little rest

Recieved the package, thanks for the extra! Looking the bologna's over, so far i'm not too impressed with the label, and they actually seem a bit smaller than a standard robusto. By chance, I also recieved several RP Vintage 1990's in the mail today too. In a week or so i'll give them a shot, and they should both have the same amount of rest on them. Then again after a month.

Thanks again for the opportunity, this should be alot of fun!

Vortex, you aren't kidding, there are alot of great bundles out there for a great price, and i'm loving it! :thumbs:

The bundle market is very competitive right now. Maybe more than ever. There are great deal to be had.
RP SG Select
Jose Piedra Cazedores and Brevas (ISOM at $66/25!!!)
Tampa Sweethearts
Flor de Ybor City
Famous 3000
and on and on. All good smokes, too. Oh, and RP Vintage Seconds, of course. :D

So La Flor De Bologna has some stiff competition.

I think the cutesie name is going to backfire on him. He'll be giving them away in a few months.

Baloney received! Plus an unidentified hitch-hiker. :0

They are resting in the humidor. As I mentioned before, I'm going to let them acclimate in my humidor for at least a week before trying the cigar.

Thanks SaxJazzMan! :D

Baloney received! Plus an unidentified hitch-hiker. :0

Dear Gentlemen,

I am glad that the Baloney has arrived. (That somehow does not sound right). As far as any hitch-hiker, I have no knowledge or recollection of what you are talking about. I did not have sex with that woman!!! :)

Take whatever time you all need to rest them and post the outstanding reviews on La Flor de Baloney. Maybe we can sell the reviews to cA!!!

Got mine today as well...plus something that smells like...horse shit!!!! :0 Letting them rest for a little while and then will light it up. Thank you...

-Fetter