• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana - Double Ligero Chisel Maduro

I found this to be a very good cigar, however it almost made me sick as I hadnt ate anything for a while and I was drinking on top of it. I intend to buy a few more of these in the future.

Awsome review!

I like this cigar also. The strength is a focal point, but as you can tell by your top notch play by play, it has alot more to offer. Humidor time also favors this particular smoke, which is not a problem because I personally rarely look for power anymore. I've kept a handfull around since the release. Now they don't have that round house kick to the head. More like lead jabs, a few hooks with an upper cut here and there. Plenty of things to catch the imagination.

Thanks for sharing this!

I agree. I recently smoked a chisel that had been sitting in my humi for well over a year and I found it to be a very smooth and flavorful smoke. You can definitely taste the strength, but not overpowering. But, on another note, did you mix the single barrel Jack with coke? If you have to add something, jut add a dash of water.

Smoked my first one the other nite...here is my take on it....len...

The Cigar : La Flor Dom Dbl Ligero Chisel Maduro

Appearance : Wonderful...oily...dark...Not many prominent veins that I in my relative newness to the world of cigars could discern..

Smell : Where to begin...I cant say much except that it smelled awesome...I picked up a wonderful "barnyard" tobacco smell to it...especially at the foot...

Since this was my first one of this particular brand (chisel tip) I was a wee bit confused on how to clip this bad boy...I read where one person uses a punch on the side of it...but...since I was a bit leery regarding the strength of this cigar I decided to just clip with the old trusty guillotine cutter...

Snip....ahhhhhh...the pre-light draw and aroma were wonderful...slightly spicy to my untrained palate...I was surprised by the ease of the draw due to the shape of the cigar...I felt I would have had some problems similar to some perfecto's I have smoked...Not so with this cigar...

Click (new torch lighter) and away I go...I will be honest here so nooo laughing lol...I about choked to death on the amount of smoke from that initial puff...Was totally unexpected...A lot of smoke...I was surprised to say the least...Oh and btw due to everything I have read/heard about this cigar and its strength I waited 30 minutes (approx) after eating dinner this evening before smoking it...Onward I go dear readers...never fear I shall not leave you hanging...

Now here is where YOU dear reader may get a little disappointed as my palate has trouble distinguishing flavors so I do apologize in advance and will do my humble best to convey the flavors to you so that you might enjoy this cigar as well as I did....Copius amounts of smoke coat my palate with every puff...No double hits here folks...One puff = mouthful of creamy smoke..Slightly spicy...I want to say chocolate...cocoa...with spice..very creamy...I can tell you with the greatest confidence that the finish (for me) was very chocolatey with notes of wood dare I say....No nic buzz for me...no upset stomach like some have said...this may be due to eating prior as I was a lil nervy about this cigar...Regardless...It was a wonderful smoke...I only ashed it twice then it went to the nub...The ash was very solid...came off with a light tap...And then I did some thing that I have yet do since starting smoking cigars...I read where a botl "purges" his cigar about the 1/3 mark....well what I did was I "purged" it after I ashed it...And I can truly say that in my experience the cigar did not feel plugged up after smoking it for awhile...Something I have experienced with a lot of cigars...So I will probably be "purging" my cigars from now on...

So...that being said I would like to thank a botl for fulfilling the last cigar on my wish list...Thank you very much sir...I do know what a lil bit of my tax return will be getting me lol...Have a happy...and untill next time dear reader...len

Excellent review and I am very humbled by how many flavors you can detect from a cigar.

I received one of these in a newbie sampler from denverdog (thanks Jonas) and sat down for a relaxing Sunday afternoon with this cigar and a few small glasses of The Dalmore Cigar Malt. I too found hints of leather, woody notes, and spices in the flavors with a definite kick towards the end. It had a perfect draw and perfect burn the whole way down. I too noticed how the ash held very well and didn't want to fall off without some help.

In my first glass of scotch I put a few pieces of ice in the glass as I usually like it a bit cool and I let the ice water it down a bit but I noticed that this cigar was overpowering the flavors of the scotch. On my second glass I poured it neat and found that the flavors of the scotch and the cigar coincided with each other perfectly. I would take a puff and enjoy the flavors of the cigar then take a sip and let the flavors of both the scotch and the cigar dance together on my palate.

This cigar is definitely not for the faint of heart as I found myself with a huge buzz towards the end of the smoke that is still lingering as I type.

I am about to smoke one of these.... I am thinking I am in over my head but I'm the type of guy that has to find out for himself..... first cigar I am actually excited to smoke.... Hope it knocks me on my ass. LOL. I'll let Y'all know how it goes.

OK, will do have the 1st pic just waiting for it to upload on photobucket.

UPDATE: about ten minutes in. Playing poker on CP and trying to relax.... not a whole lot of flavor but the kicks definitely there, got that strong nicotine itch in the back of my throat... feeling a lil funny now... OMG the room is spinning.. where am I??!! JK... starting to feel the bite. Already went out once but was my fault, trying to play poker, upload pics and write this review.

EDIT...guess its having a lil more affect on me than I thought.. was typing with one hand.

OK, just took a real big hit of thick smoke.... No I smoked it but I didn't Inhale, got this kind of metallic taste but can't say that it was all bad, kind of liked it actually.... that's how you know it's working. :thumbs: This stick produces lots and lots of thick cottony smoke when you want it to, very decieving, I think I'll call it the pocket rocket. Heres the first pic to go with the first update. say hi to Dsav101, dkprlp, slcraiders, fourthrail at the poker table. About thirty minutes into it and having that good on a cloud feeling, the nicotine throat feeling is still there but again... that's how you know it's working. LOL. and only had one had worth playing so far... Pocket Jacks and no one played.
IMG_1561.jpg

EDIT: u guessed it. spelling..... again

OK... bout an hour in now... and this little bastard is kicking my ASS.... think I'm gonna have to call it. :blush:

Hmmm,I think I'm gonna have to pick up a few of these for the Humi.

Well to be perfectly honest I am embarrassed, this stick did more than kick my ass, definitely got respect for that little stick.... it chiseled me a new one, and I can pretty much sum this experience up in two words.... BIG MISTAKE!! Well I definitely enjoyed this smoke..... for most of the time I was able to keep it down... Yup I knew it was coming back up, it was just a matter of time, thought I stopped before I got too deep into it but nope!! stopped, took a walk, drank some water and still didn't work, stared sweating and then had to grab the trash can and make a deposit. Well with all that that being said..... I did enjoy this smoke and I will be getting a few more, maybe even a box, it's a great "novelty smoke" to give to one of your macho buddies or cousins that think they are superman... Like me. LOL. Here's the pics. Don't Laugh too hard.

Lots and lots of thick cottony smoke. My Baby in the background, the CP poker game, and my poker library.

IMG_1562.jpg

First light up, pretty nice looking stick.

IMG_1563.jpg

The aftermath of the LFD chisel.... I think this was right before I hurled.... Don't look like I enjoyed it much... but I did...... deep down inside.

IMG_1564.jpg

LOL I'm a cigarette smoker (part time) so I am used to nicotine. That being said I defintely got a big buzz off this thing that lasted a good while but I never got a sick feeling.

Sorry you blew chunks dude. Glad to see it didn't change your opinion of the smoke though. :thumbs:

Your review is great. Just makes me want to get one of them more. Keep the reviews coming. Maybe some day i can taste like that. I have cigars I like don't know what it is I like about them I just like them.

PLEASE! Take pictures!

For some reason I think Tomthirtysix knew this one was gonna humble me.... sounded way too excited about the pics. LOL

LOL I'm a cigarette smoker (part time) so I am used to nicotine. That being said I defintely got a big buzz off this thing that lasted a good while but I never got a sick feeling.

Sorry you blew chunks dude. Glad to see it didn't change your opinion of the smoke though. :thumbs:

No, didn't change it, just gotta make sure to take it slower next time, I was taking some huge puffs, hence the thick "cottony" smoke so it just hit me like a mac truck.

PLEASE! Take pictures!

For some reason I think Tomthirtysix knew this one was gonna humble me.... sounded way too excited about the pics. LOL

:whistling:

Very common amongst those newer to cigars. That's one hell of a powerful smoke there. Personally, I love them. And as much as I smoke them, I had a Chiselito (a little smaller than the Chisel) with a natural wrapper kick my ass a couple days ago. I didn't blow chunks, but I was loopy going back to work. Never a bad thing...

Sweet reviews guys...I am really turning into a DL fanatic and the chisels are one of the ones that I always seem to miss out buying.

I'm going to have to change that pretty soon.