• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami

AndrewGBob

Calmer than you are dude...
Tonight I decided to watch a little NBA basketball (very boring) and smoke a cigar that I originally smoked for the first time last week. I really enjoyed it the first time and wanted to give it another go.

Cigar - La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Elegante
Size - 6.9x49
Wrapper - Nicaragua
Binder - Ecuador
Filler - Nicaraguan and Dominican

Pre Light - This cigar is very attractive in appearance. It boasts a very dark brown and somewhat oily wrapper. After cutting the cigar the draw seems damn near perfect and gives of a very creamy flavor. At this point I realize I cannot stand the NBA and I switch to the UCLA vs ASU game. Much better.

gallery_9352_1062_9955.jpg

gallery_9352_1062_3386.jpg

First 1/3 - This guy lights up very nicely and has a very good amount of smoke. The first few draws give off a slight wood flavor with just a little bit of pepper mixed in. IMO it was a perfect amount of pepper to have at the beginning of the cigar as it really complimented the other flavors that were present. The construction seems very solid as it is firm to the touch but not too much so. The burn is slightly uneven from the start. We'll wait to see if it corrects itself. After the first few puffs the pepper flavor calms down for the most part and it becomes a very creamy smoke. I am really enjoying this so far. I have been enjoying this cigar so much I have completely neglected the glass of Dalmore 12y Single Malt that I am drinking. I felt bad about doing that so I chugged the whole thing... not really though. As you can see the ash on this guy was very solid.

gallery_9352_1062_13999.jpg

gallery_9352_1062_3833.jpg

Second 1/3 - This portion of the cigar remained pretty consistant with very creamy, woody flavors. I think I need to bring up again how perfect the draw, and amount of smoke from this cigar are. It is almost perfect IMO. The burn is also staying very consistent. On a side note this UCLA vs ASU game is getting very good. Looks like ASU is going to pull off the upset. Back to the task at hand. Towards the end of the second 1/3 the hints of pepper begin to creep back on me, but not too much.

gallery_9352_1062_29224.jpg

gallery_9352_1062_26116.jpg

Final 1/3 - At this point in the cigar the creaminess takes a backseat to more of a woody and peppery flavor. It is beginning to get a little chilly in the apartment with the window open and fan on but I am sticking this one out because the cigar is just too good. The final puffs of this smoke I saw a little bit more of the pepper flavors return again and also some toasty wood. It was a very pleasant finish

gallery_9352_1062_42008.jpg

gallery_9352_1062_48733.jpg

There's the dog's creepy glowing eyes approving of the cigar!

Overall I was very impressed with this cigar. The construction and appearance was beautiful and draw was absolutely perfect. I thought the flavors were very delicious with the cigar having a great deal of woody creaminess. I smoked this down till it was almost burning my fingertips. I definitely would recommend this cigar!

Cheers!