• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Perla Habana Maduro

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Well Cigarbid has been good to me lately and bad to my credit card bills :). So I won a 5 Pack of La Perla Habana Maduro (Toro's 6x50)

Construction was great, the wrapper felt a little rough but it was oily and dark. The cigar punched quite well.

The light was great, and lit very even, but then started to get a little bit uneven but it corrected itself halfway through, and with a little coaxing from the Colibri. It started out great, kinda of minty tasting, and then flavors of coffee, and a bittersweat dry chocolate that was not overpowering. Till the 2nd half it seemed kind of 1 dimensional with the execption of the hints of minty at the begging. Then it got a little spicy, and almost tasted cinnamon like to me.

I could smoke this cigar without drinking anything. The smoke volume was average to medium, it might have been wrapped a little tightly as when I flicked the ash off the middle was a pointy/cone, hence maybe some of the problems getting it to even out and catch some of the wrapper, some of this could also be equated to the cold the cigar was subjected to during shipment.

I reccomend you try some, a good smoke for the money. For the 5pack I paid $13 dollars which is not bad at all considering they retail for $6 a cigar.

Website can be found here...

http://www.laperlahabana.com/

I'm in complete agreement with you on these smokes. I really like the La Perla toros (regular and maduro). I've won/bought :) a few on CB and I'm very happy with them.

Hmmmmmmm, I got a couple of those in my CigarPool winnings.

Looks like I gotta try 'em real soon. Dixielandconjunction likes those too.

Okay, okay you all got my curiosity going here, that'll be tomorrow's smoke fur sure :thumbs:

Oooh yeah.....These toros are fine smokes. I really like both the natural and maddie (did I just say out loud that I really liked a non-maddie? ;) CC don't tell on me, bwahahaha). I wouldn't bother too much with the perfecto though. It's always at least good, but nowhere near as consistent as the others. In my experience, the toro is the most dependable of all La Perla's regular lines. A+ in my book :thumbs:

Almost ever La Perla has some burn issues, but that is no reason to overlook them. My problem is that even in NC, tobacco capital of all universes, I can fin nowhere to buy La Perlas. I'm really curious about the new Cobre, Rojo, and Congas, but don't want to buy a 5-pack or box to find out ???

Cheers,
Dixie

I like all La Perla's but in the Torpedo. The blond's, the regular and the black pearl are good but all are rolled tight at the end and I usually have to chew it pretty good to get a good draw.