• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Labeling cigar dates

Kxthor911

How do you guys label your cigar for the date put in the humidor? Do you label each cigar? I was thinking you could tape a piece of paper to the clear wrap. Any better ideas? Could you post a pic? Thanks

Maybe ill set a notebook on top of the humi :). For the bundles and singles inside.

I sharpie the humidor date on boxes when they go in. For individual stick labels, Bob Ramstead has the best of the best. He runs an annual group buy. Might ping him and see if he has any left...he usually does.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/72435-iso-blank-cigar-bands/page__hl__ramstead#entry1100747

I stare at the receipt and the boxes really hard and commit the numbers to memory. Must be working because when guys ask, "hey, how old is this cigar you gave me?" I just say, last year. :)

I've seen many people write the dates on the cellophane of the cigar.

I've seen many people write the dates on the cellophane of the cigar.

Unless you take the cello off! :p

Well when the cigar doesn't have a cello, I just use the girlfriends white nail polish and write it directly onto the wrapper.

Completely unrelated question, my cigars taste like paint thinner, anyone ever have this problem?

+1 to sticker on the cello or sharpie on the box for full boxes.  for singles with no cello i store in a cigar bag with the top cut off and write on the bag with a sharpie 

I user a virtual humidor... www.cigargeeks.com
Allows me to track what I have & in which humidor, has a notes section for each Cigar, it also has an iPhone/Android app.
Works well for me, I just don't utilize the cell app unless I'm simply looking up data.

A magic marker writes really well right on the wrapper.  Doesn't fade or anything.  :whistling:  (of course, just kidding)

Masking tape around the foot and a sharpie. Sometimes it won't come off and you have to smoke through it. It burns a little, but it's only for the first half inch.

4cbln3 said:
I stare at the receipt and the boxes really hard and commit the numbers to memory. Must be working because when guys ask, "hey, how old is this cigar you gave me?" I just say, last year. :)

After you smoke for so many years...your staring method gets quite foggy as you get older. I know, I live it every day! :laugh:

I wish I had the discipline to label them, it would be very useful because when someone asks you how old a cigar is...and you respond, "eh, it's got at least 6-7-8 years of age on it"...at that moment you realize you shoulda' labeled them all!

...and yes, I bought the labels in the group buy. :whistling:

I label everything. Receipts in full boxes, dates on cello or I use blank cigar bands. If I drop dead tomorrow, my wife would have no problem figuring out what's what. :)