• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Labels

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
Just asking a general question on cigar etiquette...who keeps their labels on their sticks and takes them off? I'm assuming you keep the label on b/c you want to show off your stick.

Ree Ree

I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS take them off. I don't like the label touching my lips when I smoke the cigar.

coventrycat86 said:
I ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS take them off. I don't like the label touching my lips when I smoke the cigar.
are you deep throating your cigars CC??

Not even foreplay with mine...comes right off before I ever light it. :) Oh yeah, forgot...because I don't care to show off the cigar/be a snob/etc...

Personally I take them off out of habit. For one, I tend to hold the cigar about where the band is placed, and it feels awkward with the paper there. But mainly it's because when I'm smoking in a public or semi-public area, I don't much care to be bombarded by other cigar smokers. It surprises me how many people want to take there time to tell me about their friend's brother's exroomate's neighbor's cousin who gets them special Cohibas straight from Cuba, or how many people want to let me know how much more prestigious their cigars are as I'm enjoying my Fuente sungrown or something usually just about as simple. Frankly, I don't enjoy the presence of most cigar smokers, and I really don't want to spend my time correcting their misinformation. :p

Though I've had several pleasant experiences with cigar smokers who want to chat with me because they've seen me smoking, I think I get three idiots for every one.

Other CPers' opinions can be found here here and here.

I leave them on and smoke right through them. Adds flavor :)

j/k someone had to say it because someone always does.

I slide them off if they're loose, otherwise I take them off when the cigar is down a bit and the band has warmed up enough so that the glue comes off easy.

Personally, I'm going to use a photo album and save one band from each cigar that I've tried. So far, I have about twenty of them.

I not only leave the bands on, I leave the cellophane on as well for that extra little kick it adds. :thumbs:

Actually I almost always take them off. The only exception is if Im having any difficulty getting it off in which case I leave it on for a while and work it off later at some point while smoking it.