• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lake Tahoe Cigar Company Holiday Blowout

I agree burnt tongue. Did not realize that trying to be of help would be picking up a sword. I am a Vietnam vet have been there done that on the negative side. I am positive and upbeat and while many remarks in my direction are from a misunderstanding, I do appreciate the wit and find them interesting. I don't take words personal and with what I have survived I am a person of exceptionally strong character. If people wish to continue with banter that is okay. I fought for their right to do so.

And like all war veterans on the internet that brag about it - you were a Green Beret right?

No sir, I was USMC. And I assure there is nothing to brag about having been in HELL'S playground.

My sincere gratitude for your service to our country.

Thank you. I know that this may sound strange, but I am so grateful and thankful to GOD for those that did not go. And I am so proud of those that serve our country today. I am not a typical Marine. Since my bacon was saved by Army artillery, Air Force strikes, and Naval bombardment, I have a deep appreciation and love for all branches.

Hey! I was the first "not typical" jarhead here, You gotta get in line!

I am not a typical Marine. Since my bacon was saved by Army artillery, Air Force strikes, and Naval bombardment, I have a deep appreciation and love for all branches.

My appologies AVB I am now in line behind you. However I am old and impatient (grumpy mean ole man syndrome)MOVE IT MARINE!

Hey Tigger, I had dinner at Thomas Moran's Forsythia in New Milford last night. thumbs-up.gif They were out of steak so I had the pork chop, it was fantastic! smile.gif Thomas Moran is having a special wine dinner this Friday at his other place in Woodville, right up Route 202. It's a five course prix fixe @ $95.00 per person with a different wine for each course. The price isn't the best and the wines are nothing special so we're probably going to pass on the event. sad.gif

CC - I've only been to both a couple of times, but so far have enjoyed the one in Woodville more - food and service both seemed better. Have you tried Salsa on Railroad Street in New Milford? If you like New Mexican food at all, it's a must try.

mrbill - The men and women who have served, from Bunker Hill to Basra, have my undying gratitude. Honestly, I find it a little odd that you haven't taken the time to fill out any profile info, but are willing to mention to a bunch of strangers about having been in-country.

Despite a significant age difference, I had a couple of good friends who served in Vietnam - had, because both died of cancer within about 6 months of one another - they didn't talk about it (Vietnam) much, and not at all until I'd known them for awhile. Weird how that worked, btw, I'd known them both separately for some years, but they didn't meet until they were both at the VA Hospital getting treated. But I digress...

If you want to do something besides chatting up this shop and getting mired in controversy, branch out a bit. Fill out your profile, check out some of the other threads. This place rocks! :)

Hey Tigger, I had dinner at Thomas Moran's Forsythia in New Milford last night. thumbs-up.gif They were out of steak so I had the pork chop, it was fantastic! smile.gif Thomas Moran is having a special wine dinner this Friday at his other place in Woodville, right up Route 202. It's a five course prix fixe @ $95.00 per person with a different wine for each course. The price isn't the best and the wines are nothing special so we're probably going to pass on the event. sad.gif

CC - I've only been to both a couple of times, but so far have enjoyed the one in Woodville more - food and service both seemed better. Have you tried Salsa on Railroad Street in New Milford? If you like New Mexican food at all, it's a must try.

mrbill - The men and women who have served, from Bunker Hill to Basra, have my undying gratitude. Honestly, I find it a little odd that you haven't taken the time to fill out any profile info, but are willing to mention to a bunch of strangers about having been in-country.

Despite a significant age difference, I had a couple of good friends who served in Vietnam - had, because both died of cancer within about 6 months of one another - they didn't talk about it (Vietnam) much, and not at all until I'd known them for awhile. Weird how that worked, btw, I'd known them both separately for some years, but they didn't meet until they were both at the VA Hospital getting treated. But I digress...

If you want to do something besides chatting up this shop and getting mired in controversy, branch out a bit. Fill out your profile, check out some of the other threads. This place rocks! :)

I actually responded to burnt tongue that I was a vet and had toured Hell's Playground. As far as what transpired, that was a different world a different life. It has unfortunately slanted my views towards this great countries govt and legal system. I love my country, love and am proud of old glory, love our people, although I find people to willing to base their ideas and opinions on initial perception without ascertaining facts from both sides of the fence. This is not a jab at anyone but merely an observation from experience. I can not until our govt embraces truth and justice for all support or condone this govt. Did not mean to chat up shop, I found my experience doing business with shop to be easy enjoyable and financially beneficial. If you don't like the manner in which someone does business, communicate with them, identify the problem, agree to the solution, enact the solution, no more problem. If there is no agreement, wish them a fine day, don't transact business and move on. I merely wanted people to find out for themselves. Not big on profiles but am easy on answering questions. If the answer is unpopular or incriminating you will still receive the truth. If I did it I'll admit it. If I didnt I won't own up to it. I am mired in controversy due to limitation's on peoples ability to look into things. I was told this guy is a gouger. 250 for Spellbounds in stock and delivered? I'm sorry but here in Texas I haven't been able to find them for that amount. To all of those that have found them for under 300 a box GOD bless you. Everything is relevant to circumstance, these circumstances were completely acceptable to myself truly believed it a good deal (still do) and tried to pass it on. Responses were negative and name calling and contrary to my actual experience. I wanted people to find out for themselves. I understand that everyone wants the absolute lowest price possible. In our society that worships the almighty GREENBACK no one merchant is going to throw away all their profit. They may sacrifice here to gain profit there. Anyway I base my opinions on observation the accumulation of facts and experience, try as I may I still get it wrong. I have managed to do a better job of avoiding the oncoming freight trains, it's the ones approaching from the tracks behind me that still run over my hide. Anyway not usually this chatty. Have a blessed day.