• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LaLuna Natural Fuerte

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
As many of you know I'm a bit of a LaLuna whore and have the luxury of being able to visit Gael and try lots of their sticks.

Ric and I went to LaLuna this past Friday. We were glad to see Gael back home and feeling much better although he is still not fully recovered. We each smoked a Natural Fuerte Luna de Luna while chatting with Gael. The Natural Fuertes are probably my favorite line and the Luna de Luna just became my favorite size in that line (if I have the time to smoke a 7x50 that is).

Here are a few smoking notes:
I used a cutter (I haven't been using a punch very often lately). I noticed it was slightly softer than most LaLunas I've smoked but the rest of the appearnce was right on as every LaLuna I've had has been.

One of my favorite characteristics of LaLunas is (despite being very firm) their great draw and volume of tasty smoke, both of which this cigar had.

This nicely constructed stick burned evenly all the way down and the thick flavorful smoke was consistent thoughout. I would consider this to be on the fuller side of medium to full bodied but a smooth flavored cigar. I didn't have to relight at all and although I didn't pay attention to the time I would guess I took a little over an hour to smoke.

I plan to buy a box or two soon especially at the price Gael is offering them at right now.

*EDITED to add a few other notes since I was in a rush to get back to work earlier.

What is the color of the wrapper? Is is the same dark as on the picture for Natural Fuerte on LaLuna's site?
I like their Maduro Fuerte and hate African Fuerte. Which one is closer in taste?

These Natural Fuertes have a lighter wrapper than what it appears to be on their website. I have two explanations for that...
The picture seems to be a little dark because they've never had that dark of a wrapper. It also seems to me that the newer Nat. Fuertes have a slightly lighter wrapper than they did in the past but I could just be crazy :D

If you liked the Maduros I am going to guess that you will also like the Naturals. I myself prefer those two over the African Fuerte which is funny because I am historically a big fan of cameroon wrappers.

If you decide to place an order just give Gael a phone call at LaLuna and he'll take care of you ;)

Gator

I smoked through/ gifted all of my de lunas so I had to re-stock a little on Friday :D . Ric and I stopped by LaLuna to chat with Gael and have a smoke...we smoked a couple of de lunas of course! This has been a very consitent stick so I won't bother with posting any notes becasue you could just stop being lazy and read what I had to say in the first post of this thread!

My loyalty is torn between the V2s and the Nat. Fuertes so I just play the "turn coat" and claim each is my favorite depending on my mood :rolleyes:
I can say for certain though, the de luna is my favorite Natural Fuerte and the Climmax is my favorite V2. The climmax are on short supply (if any) right now so the Colada will be taking its place in my cooler for a while :D

..smoked a LLNF colada yesterday morning with a great cup of french roast; great way to enjoy a cool PacNW morning. The little colada's are probably my favorite small smoke. Good points about LaLuna's, Gatorsmg - the construction is very good, the draw is open and even, and the smoke volumes are great. I've got LLNF's and some LHB coladas in the cooler....though their numbers are dwindling.... :p A smooth, tasty smoke to be sure.

Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
..smoked a LLNF colada yesterday morning with a great cup of french roast; great way to enjoy a cool PacNW morning. The little colada's are probably my favorite small smoke. Good points about LaLuna's, Gatorsmg - the construction is very good, the draw is open and even, and the smoke volumes are great. I've got LLNF's and some LHB coladas in the cooler....though their numbers are dwindling.... :p A smooth, tasty smoke to be sure.

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]238627[/snapback]​

There he is ladies and gentlemen...the world's biggest fan of the LaLuna coladas!! I've smoked a few of the coladas and I think they may be invading my cooler on a much grander scale in the near future. :D

Always good to hear your thoughts Tom :thumbs:

I have had my first La Luna ,
A LLNF colada. as good as advertised Scott :thumbs:
lots of creamy smoke more than expected from a cigar this size.
Nice spicy/pepper tang to the smoke.
I am looking forward to tasting the larger vitolas,
as nice as this was the bigger cigars will be even better

Bill

...see, Gatorsmg? I'm not the only LaLunatic in attendance.... :laugh:

This AM, I had a LLNF colada with the morning joe just because...... :thumbs:

Their colada is still one of, if not my favorite small smoke. I've tried some AF Cubanitos, Monte Afrique "Safari's" etc. but the teeny ring gauge on those just doesn't "give it up" like the little LaLuna colada's do.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Blinded, a nice small cigar for you would be a Le Hoyo Du Depute. They are a tres petite and have a ton of flavor for such a small cigar.

The Master said:
Blinded, a nice small cigar for you would be a Le Hoyo Du Depute. They are a tres petite and have a ton of flavor for such a small cigar.
[snapback]252589[/snapback]​
Thanks, Master - I'm always on the lookout for a new favorite.... :cool:

I'll see what I can do about scaring a few up - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
The Master said:
[snapback]252589[/snapback]​
Thanks, Master - I'm always on the lookout for a new favorite.... :cool:

I'll see what I can do about scaring a few up - B.B.S.
[snapback]252591[/snapback]​

That will two of us hunting them up :cool:
Bill

Hey Gator,

Where does one buy these? I can't seem to find them at my regular online vendors.

Thanks,
Wilkey

ddepaola said:
LaLuna Website

You can get them directly from La Luna. May want to call to order them.

-Dan
[snapback]258451[/snapback]​
For sure call them up. Their website is a bit on the dated side, but everytime I've called them and spoke to Gael, the in stock / not in stock question isn't an issue, and he usually gets your order out within a day.

Regards - B.B.S.

Thanks guys,

Man, the Fuertes sound positively mouthwatering. I"ve been looking for another Ec-Sumatra cigar. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Calling is definitely the way to go to place an order with LaLuna.

I've been torching up A LOT of Natural Fuertes lately (mostly De Lunas). Pretty much every fishing trip is accompanied with a few of these tasty LaLunas for my friends and me :D