• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars Tetens

ree ree robusto said:
Nice catch there Moki.
[snapback]202646[/snapback]​

from here:

TheCigarHumidor.com
C/O Hoecker & Co.
500 N. Michigan Avenue
Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60611

KevinWHoecker said:
Love it. I knew my post would bring out the worst in people! That is the great thing about cigar smokers. We are all so passionate about our hobby. As far as Cubans go, I find one in every four has an insufficient draw. Not that it will ever keep me from stocking Montecristo #2's and Hoyo Double Coronas in my humidor. There is nothing better than Cuban tobacco, however, the Dominican Republic has higher quality standards.
[snapback]202607[/snapback]​

First off, Lars Teten cigars are overated, overpriced and taste like crap.

What do you mean by "insufficient draw" too tight (plugged) or too loose?

To say the Dominican Republic has "higher quality standards" is a very broad statement that is more inaccurate than accurate. :rolleyes:

I have far less burn problems and draw problems with Cuban cigars than cigars from other countries even the expensive Dominicans like Opus X and the expensive Nicaraguans like Padron 1926.

How long have you been smoking Cuban cigars and how many cigars do you smoke in any given month?

Just wondering.....

KevinWHoecker said:
Love it. I knew my post would bring out the worst in people! That is the great thing about cigar smokers. We are all so passionate about our hobby. As far as Cubans go, I find one in every four has an insufficient draw. Not that it will ever keep me from stocking Montecristo #2's and Hoyo Double Coronas in my humidor. There is nothing better than Cuban tobacco, however, the Dominican Republic has higher quality standards.

I think this guy has been smoking alot of something else besides cigars! :laugh:

computer_programmer.gif

KevinWHoecker said:
Love it. I knew my post would bring out the worst in people!

There is nothing better than Cuban tobacco, however, the Dominican Republic has higher quality standards.

First off a big thanks to Andrew for the catch. :thumbs: (I didn't know anyone was still watching over the flock :laugh: )

Second, Mr Wacker acknowledment of knowing his post would bring out the worst in people makes him a troll. I can honestly say he has no idea how bad the worst can be around the cigar boards. Consider this a hand slap..... TROLL!

I dismissed this idiot when he stated Lars were better than Cubans but in his rebuttal post he states there's nothing better than a Cuban.... ?? You've got to make up your mind on these things Whackoff.

BTW, I concur with others that Lars is one of the nastiest cigars I have ever put in my mouth. There should be a law against actually calling them a cigar. (and I'm trying to be nice :) )

My advice to you Mr Whacker would be to take your Lars story to the cigar forum you can find ............HERE! They are a bit more neutral on these types of topics and should be more receptive.

He's no troll, just a newbie (like myself). Kevin is new to the e-commerce cigar industry (although not new to cigars) and he's just trying to familiarize himself with the online cigar community so he can provide a desirable product to others who share the same passion for cigars. Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. He asked why nobody talks about Tetens and I think the answer was obvious: most people on here don't enjoy Lars Tetens cigars. Beyond that, I think most of the comments above were unnecessary.

But that's just my opinion.

(and yes, as you'll see in my signature, I am also affiliated with the same company as Kevin).

I think the post was a light hearted troll, nothing more than an attempt a humor knowing that it would be a splash in the pool. Especially since he followed it up - if he was out for trouble he'd have been just a tad inflamatory ;)

KevinWHoecker said:
Lars Tetens cigars are better than most Cubans. I have never smoked a better cigar than his Shorty Maduro or the Royal. Sure, they are expensive, but doesn't the quality justify the price? What are everyones thoughts? I would love to hear.
[snapback]202456[/snapback]​

Dear Mr Side Kick: can you please point out to me anywhere in the above quote where your buddy "asked why nobody talks about Tetens"? I read him saying "I have never smoked a better cigar". Wait a minute, let me go reread the quote..... yep, thats what he said alright. I looked real good and didn't see the part where he asked why we don't talk about Lars...... maybe I missed it. :cool: Regardless, lets move on to the troll issue shall we?

Orleans makes a reasonably affordable Cigar Humidor / Wine Rack. It looks very nice in person. Someone else recommended it, but you should shop around.
Here it is.
Orleans Wine and Cigar Humidor

Hmmmm, the quote above is another post he made today. Lets take a look. He makes a nice recommendation about an affordable humi/wine rack. So good so far. He then states someone else recommended it. OK, we're still doing good here. Then he post a link to the humi.... whoops.... wait a minute.... what do you know.... its his business he directed us to while thoughtlessly forgetting to add that small point. :whistling:

The hole will be a little smaller to squirn through on this one but feel free to explain to me/us how the above is not trolling.

Retailers are more than welcome on this site.... in fact we encourage them to participate in the board. If you want to sell your wares do it in the retailer forum. Don't sneak in here and try to direct traffic to your e-business by pretending to be participating.

e-sticks said:
He's no troll, just a newbie (like myself). Kevin is new to the e-commerce cigar industry (although not new to cigars) and he's just trying to familiarize himself with the online cigar community so he can provide a desirable product to others who share the same passion for cigars. Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. He asked why nobody talks about Tetens and I think the answer was obvious: most people on here don't enjoy Lars Tetens cigars. Beyond that, I think most of the comments above were unnecessary.

(and yes, as you'll see in my signature, I am also affiliated with the same company as Kevin).
[snapback]203468[/snapback]​

Yes, I'm sure the fact that he's a retailer with a large supply of the cigar he's pumping up is merely coincidence.

Dear Mr Side Kick: can you please point out to me anywhere in the above quote where your buddy "asked why nobody talks about Tetens"?...

What's the title/description of this thread? :thumbs:

e-sticks said:
What's the title/description of this thread? :thumbs:
[snapback]203549[/snapback]​

I would have thought you could read what it says but since you insist....

The title is "Lars Tetens, Why don't more people smoke Lars Tetens?"

Maybe in your world that means why don't people talk about Lars Tetens but I've never interpeted the letters s-m-o-k-e as talk. Blow your smoke someplace other than my way.... I ain't buying it.

e-sticks said:

[snapback]203468[/snapback]​
I see. So what you really want to say is "Let's Talk Cigars". You'll fit right in. :cool: Just not here, Zac wannabe.

As I said in the other thread:

What I'm catching onto is that every cigar you mention in your "reviews" (Lars Tetens, Padrón 1964s/1926s, Forbidden X's) are cigars you're trying to sell. Don't insult our intelligence; if you want to sell product, post in the appropriate forum.