• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LCDH Windsor

zcigarman

Making the trip to LCDH Windsor tomorrow. Can someone give me a heads up on what I will be paying for sticks these days and any recommendations on what is smoking good over there. Haven't been there in a while. Thanks

I was there about a month ago. 50% of the sticks had white mold on them. Not plume, but actual mold.

And for these, some of them were 20 bucks a stick.

The guy behind the counter was more than happy to help, but I didn't want to get into the "no, really, its plume" debate. I've never seen plume come out the foot of a cigar.

I looked on the hygrometer in the humidor and it said 68% or so, but I remembered walking in thinking how much colder the humidor felt than the area outside. This tells me that the hygrometer in the humidor may be reading very low.

I'd be interested to see if you find the same conditions.

Let me know if you don't mind.

I have seen mold in most of the B&Ms I visit in Canada. At least the ones I have seen in Western Canada.

When I made a trip to Vancouver a couple of weeks ago I saw some poor Monte#2s all dried out and badly cracked in a "cigar" rack in a gas station. They still wanted 20/stick for them.

Basically I will be traveling to Windsor in the next couple of months for a bachloer party. So basically what you guys are saying is that even though cubans are legal there, they are crap?

Furhter, say one accidently purchase a few to many to smoke on a weekend trip, what sort of penalty would said person recieve should those smokes be found upon re-entry to the US. Also, just out of idol curosity, do they even stop people at the border anymore?

just out of idol curosity, do they even stop people at the border anymore?

They definitely do. They especially have been after the date of September 11, 2001 for some reason. ???

It is highly unlikely they would mess with you for small amounts and they couldn't if you took off the bands, but of course you and I would never do this as it's illegal.

Technically though I'm sure it's possible to spend time in jail and pay a ludicrous fine for bringing Cuban cigars across the border.

[/qoute]

It is highly unlikely they would mess with you for small amounts and they couldn't if you took off the bands, but of course you and I would never do this as it's illegal.

Technically though I'm sure it's possible to spend time in jail and pay a ludicrous fine for bringing Cuban cigars across the border.
[/quote]

Hum....not that I or you would, but taking the bands of that seems too easy.

Anyway, since I am going to be there and not going to risk jail time, what should I look for? Like I said its a for my buddies last fews weeks as a free man so looking for something special. I would imagine all would be legit since there is no emargo there, but insofar as I have never had the pleasure, I could use some help.

Well keep in mind that prices there are outrageous. If you want something special Cohiba's are always highly coveted. Montecristo #2's are the most popular cigars in the world or something like that so that might be a good choice however they are inconsistent. Saint Luis Rey are good cigars and will be one of the better values.

And, it may sound too easy but how is customs going to know the cigars are Cuban if they have no bands on them.? Canada does sell non-Cubans as well.

Thanks for the help.

Has anyone personally been to a B&M in Windsor and if so which and would you go back, I gotta admit that I am mildly concerned about the above mentioned condition of the supply.

As I said above, I've been to a few of them in Windsor.

PM me if you want to discuss details.

One store I've been in has not been confirmed to be real ISOMs, but their cigars have always been in good condition and they are open better hours than "the main" store.