• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Level of Bile?

oak

Let it burn...
Ever notice that "jerry mcquire" letters are always typed out in the unforgiving wee hours of the morning? Typically after a bender (for me, that means it is a day that ends with a "y").

A few quick prefaces: 1) I don't care if we all get along. 2) Everything I write here will come off pretentious or patronizing. It's late and I can't help it. 3) I'm not a high post count here, and don't intend to be. I've contributed a fair amount, but I really don't have the right to post this, but since no one else is doing it, then I'll take a shot.

I just finished reading the "PB is a dill-head" (or whatever) thread, and was about to post something like, "What is the point of this? I don't care where else he is a mod, and I don't care that he's a mooch (if all moochers were set on fire - then sadly the cigar boards across the Internet would light up the sky). Blah blah blah blah... attempted clever bit... blah blah blah..."

Then I realized that I didn't actually care about that thread. I do, however, care about the overall level of bile that has increased on this board, and in my opinion, it is distilling down to pure acid with very little cleverness or value.

A couple things I am referring to:

CC: you've gotten freakin' surly. You've got a full-on feud(s?) going on, you are picking fights as quickly as you can type, you seem to have led an assault on that other board (OK - that had some clever bits to it in terms of execution), and a large proportion of your g'zillion posts a week are boiling with anger. You've become an leader or auxiliary member in every drama/bile thread on the board, and it seems out of character for you. What is the problem?? Jesus man, send me your resume and I'll get you a job down here so you chill out. Some drunken nights with the local politicos and a gaggle* of hookers will relax you right up...

Servebig: Asking CC where his anger comes from is a stupid question on my part, because we all know it comes from baiting trolls like you driving him right over the brink. Just so I'm clear on my opinions, in every case where you are in the thick of it, you look like the bottom of the asshole totem pole to me. You seem to actually like accelerating this crap. Maybe I'm wrong in that you're the Alpha Jerk (tm) in all this, but that's my perception.

Clemmons: You need to get these guys under control. Your little blow-darts of bile are being washed away by their gallons of acid. I, as do we all, look forward to the one liner retort that will come a few posts down. By the way, come into DC and buy me beer, I hear you're nearby.

Rod: This isn't friendly any more. We either need to setup a method of community governing, or you need to slap down the offenders more aggressively. Either ban guys like Servebig after the 20th time they post useless bait, or setup a voting post so that the community can do it and I do something productive instead of demonstrate how fast and long I can type...

Leebo and Cohibasurfer: (Yeah - you two get lumped together) Don't you ever tire of the Socratic espousing of the obvious? If people here can't figure out the pass rip-offs, the mooch attempts, the other classless BS - then do you really think you'll educate them magically? Aside from PB always being wrong about who he supports, you remind me of him in terms of the gut-wrenching defending of the weak and foolish. Hypothetical points I guess - because that isn't the point. Keep it up, wrong or right. Thankless jobs, but better you than I.

Matt R: Cute wife. Send her my love.

Please, feel free to use this thread to flame away at me. I deserve it for this late night pointless rant. Alternatively, post your own rant on the above subjects or any others.

Cheers,

- Oak

* Is it gaggle? Or something else? A group of crows is a murder. A group of frogs is an army. You'd think hookers would have a good word for a crowd of 'em.

I'll admit that I see stuff go on and sometimes I wonder why I bother even coming here, but then I return to my senses and realize that a self-moderating board is exactly that.....warts and all. It isn't a clean, surgical process and it requires a lot of work. This board is no worse than what you find behind closed doors between employee and boss, board of directors, school board, or any other collection of people in life. Nothing is idyllic and to expect CP to be is just unrealistic. Rod has better things to do with his time and doesn't need to go to all the trouble of acting like the head schoolmaster on the playground that is known as CP. :p

And my idea of self-governing is to look at a thread who's header sounds interesting, and then ignore it if it becomes one of those 'you said-no, you said'
endless bouts of finger-pointing. :(

you seem to have led an assault on that other board (OK - that had some clever bits to it in terms of execution),

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh really? How ya figure that? How many posts did I make on "that other board?"

EVERY one huh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: be careful using words like "always" & "never" it's makes ya look stupid ;)

I could find many more examples of your cluelessness but those prove the point ;)

Nice try there oak but ya didn't do too well.................once again, another 30 year old who's got the whole world figured out. Pretty pathetic there Ed :rolleyes:

Bill, let me be the first to tell you that you're an @$$. :D :D :) ;) :p

SFG75 said:
[snapback]160369[/snapback]​

BIG difference between you and oaky there Scott ;) You know a lot but don't act it. With him it's the exact opposite :laugh:

Oak you bring up some good points.

In the end I think it's all going to be ok...but one think has become abbundantly clear to me, troll or not...people are not going to change. You can bang your head against the wall til it bleeds, but its useless.

Am I an angel? Hell, no...but I'm here, and I guess if I didn't like things, I wouldn't be. I think the board is going to ramain self-moderated, it's what we all ewant. I don't think Rod wants to deal with us...having to babysit.

CP is going to be a trial by fire place...sort of like this cigar fraternity where hazing will be the way of life. A few good people will be lost in all this though, as their skin won't become thick enough fast enough. Thats the risk...

Barney-the bottom of the a$$hole totem pole ;)

Rod: This isn't friendly any more. We either need to setup a method of community governing, or you need to slap down the offenders more aggressively. Either ban guys like Servebig after the 20th time they post useless bait, or setup a voting post so that the community can do it and I do something productive instead of demonstrate how fast and long I can type...

Come to think of it, this is the "best" on of the bunch, oak lecturing Rod :0 TOO FREAKIN' FUNNY :laugh: :laugh:

Rod's classy enough not to even give your dribble the time of day so don't expect him to post a follow up on that nonsense ;)

I am trying to think of an instance where someone got jumped on, except in jest, when they did not deserve it.

Can't

hudsonvalley said:
I am trying to think of an instance where someone got jumped on, except in jest, when they did not deserve it.

Can't
[snapback]160392[/snapback]​

I agree. And if theres no history then its a small jump untill they react poorly and make it worse. I can't remember anyone that just got blasted from the get go without a build up of some kind.

Believe me, if they got it, they deserved it and they earned it. :laugh:

oak said:
Ever notice that "jerry mcquire" letters are always typed out in the unforgiving wee hours of the morning? Typically after a bender (for me, that means it is a day that ends with a "y").

A few quick prefaces: 1) I don't care if we all get along. 2) Everything I write here will come off pretentious or patronizing. It's late and I can't help it. 3) I'm not a high post count here, and don't intend to be. I've contributed a fair amount, but I really don't have the right to post this, but since no one else is doing it, then I'll take a shot.

I just finished reading the "PB is a dill-head" (or whatever) thread, and was about to post something like, "What is the point of this? I don't care where else he is a mod, and I don't care that he's a mooch (if all moochers were set on fire - then sadly the cigar boards across the Internet would light up the sky). Blah blah blah blah... attempted clever bit... blah blah blah..."

Then I realized that I didn't actually care about that thread. I do, however, care about the overall level of bile that has increased on this board, and in my opinion, it is distilling down to pure acid with very little cleverness or value.

A couple things I am referring to:

CC: you've gotten freakin' surly. You've got a full-on feud(s?) going on, you are picking fights as quickly as you can type, you seem to have led an assault on that other board (OK - that had some clever bits to it in terms of execution), and a large proportion of your g'zillion posts a week are boiling with anger. You've become an leader or auxiliary member in every drama/bile thread on the board, and it seems out of character for you. What is the problem?? Jesus man, send me your resume and I'll get you a job down here so you chill out. Some drunken nights with the local politicos and a gaggle* of hookers will relax you right up...

Servebig: Asking CC where his anger comes from is a stupid question on my part, because we all know it comes from baiting trolls like you driving him right over the brink. Just so I'm clear on my opinions, in every case where you are in the thick of it, you look like the bottom of the asshole totem pole to me. You seem to actually like accelerating this crap. Maybe I'm wrong in that you're the Alpha Jerk (tm) in all this, but that's my perception.

Clemmons: You need to get these guys under control. Your little blow-darts of bile are being washed away by their gallons of acid. I, as do we all, look forward to the one liner retort that will come a few posts down. By the way, come into DC and buy me beer, I hear you're nearby.

Leebo and Cohibasurfer: (Yeah - you two get lumped together) Don't you ever tire of the Socratic espousing of the obvious? If people here can't figure out the pass rip-offs, the mooch attempts, the other classless BS - then do you really think you'll educate them magically? Aside from PB always being wrong about who he supports, you remind me of him in terms of the gut-wrenching defending of the weak and foolish. Hypothetical points I guess - because that isn't the point. Keep it up, wrong or right. Thankless jobs, but better you than I.

Matt R: Cute wife. Send her my love.

Please, feel free to use this thread to flame away at me. I deserve it for this late night pointless rant. Alternatively, post your own rant on the above subjects or any others.

Cheers,

- Oak

* Is it gaggle? Or something else? A group of crows is a murder. A group of frogs is an army. You'd think hookers would have a good word for a crowd of 'em.
[snapback]160323[/snapback]​

Oh. I'm sorry. Was someboy talking...

[Ratbastid] Stogie don't like me... tee hee.
16:46:45 [Ratbastid] dum dee dum dee dm\um
16:48:27 [Ratbastid] 'sallright.... got my dogs... mmm hmmm.
16:51:24 [Ratbastid] pleasant and polite... pleasant and polite.... hmmph How about rude and threatening.... that's how you liven up a chatroom.... no by being some panzy ass with manners.
16:59:39 [Ratbastid] so the most concise and knowledgable dude on the boards comes in here and there isn't a soul around... well except Stogue and we got a history he and I and I end up sitting around here trying to bide my time and wait on some unsuspecting noobler to cruise through so I can give him the business and
17:01:30 [Ratbastid] what do I get, nothin; nadda, zip, zilch zero.... figures. You lame ass boys can't keep up anyway and it'd take all my time just waitin' for you to catch up and explaining **** to you and the like and I really haven't got the time or patience for such belittling nonsense. I mean, as if.... Christ
17:03:23 [Ratbastid] you guys are lucky if I even acknowledge yer existence... Just remember you are less than dirt, lower than the belly of a worm, you don't know anything, can't learn anything, and ever if you could you wouldn't know how to use it. ****, half you guys think all these "Cuban" cigars you buy on the net
17:05:38 [Ratbastid] are actually "Cuban cigars" and not the Honduran **** that they really are. God you are so gullible. You probably believed in Santa Claus till you 18 and then just said you didn't for appearances... don't deny it, I know, I know for a fact. And you bed wetters are another thing. Buy some rubber
17:07:16 [Ratbastid] panties for crying out loud. I met this chick once at a strip club in Washington and took her home. Woke up the next day and she had pissed the bed and I'm like MY GOD, you pissed the bed... but she was reaaaaaal hot and I mean Daisy Duke hot.,, big, beautiful and was just right for climbin' all
17:09:09 [Ratbastid] that thing. So she like blows it off (the bed wetting) and like "call me 'kay" and I'm like this is one nice tail so yeah I'll call and I did and we hooked up again the next day and after bustin' that thing all night and passing out I wake up again and yep, you guessed it... she pissed the bed
17:10:01 [Ratbastid] AGAIN!!! SO I'm like whoah, this one has issues but she is one built babe so I mean geez.
17:11:20 [Ratbastid] sometimes you just gonna have to get wet, ya know, so we date for a while and I'm bustin' that thing at every opportunity and she like works in a strip club ya know and I mean sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team so anyway one night I
17:13:43 [Ratbastid] I'm hanging out at the club and she's working and the shifts are changing and she comes over and asks me "pretty please if I give you my keys can you take my friend home" and I'm like sure I'm not doing nothing so her friend turns out to be a real hot babe that I went to school with but never met
17:15:59 [Ratbastid] and we're getting along real good so I take her home. My home and we end up headin' to my bedroom and I remember the bed is barely fit to sleep in cause of the waitress chick with bladder issues so I take a quick detour and hook into my roomates room who happens not to be home at the time and I'm
17:17:52 [Ratbastid] like this is it. Yeah this is my room, my karate trophies, my yada yada yada and I tear that thing up till the end of the waitress chicks shift and we haul ass back to the club and I deposit new babe into my ride (67 Lemans) and drop the keys with waitress chick with a "see ya tomorrow and go to
17:19:58 [Ratbastid] her place where she makes me dinner and plies me with drink and we tumble around the house till the wee hours and I end up being a nodding aquaintance of the pee the bed chick and never see her again except when she's serving me at the club and I notice she's got numerous scars on her wrists that
17:21:56 [Ratbastid] were there long before I met her and I'm like O MY GOD I could have been killed. This babe's got more issues than the New Yorker but God she was built for speed and I mean if she wasn't so damn wierd I could have got to liking that but the stripper had much better titties and didn't wet the bed and
17:23:46 [Ratbastid] hadn't as far as I know tried to kill herself more than once and sure enough liked getting horizontal and well it was good for a while till she and I went out with some of the girls she worked with for breakfast at 2 in the morning and this gorgeous blonde started playing with my leg under the table
17:24:12 [Ratbastid] and I just naturally had to figure that out so I...

Ahem...

NA

coventrycat86 said:
SFG75 said:
Bill, let me be the first to tell you that you're an @$$. :D  :D  :)  ;)  :p

BIG difference between you and oaky there Scott ;) You know a lot but don't act it. With him it's the exact opposite :laugh:
[snapback]160378[/snapback]​
Hey I wasn't involved in the vote on how much Scott knows :angry2:

;)

coventrycat86 said:
you seem to have led an assault on that other board (OK - that had some clever bits to it in terms of execution),

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh really? How ya figure that? How many posts did I make on "that other board?"

EVERY one huh? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: be careful using words like "always" & "never" it's makes ya look stupid ;)

I could find many more examples of your cluelessness but those prove the point ;)

Nice try there oak but ya didn't do too well.................once again, another 30 year old who's got the whole world figured out. Pretty pathetic there Ed :rolleyes:
[snapback]160358[/snapback]​
CC:

"Pathetic"? Do you really see no good points in my post? I miss this place when it was a little nicer and I actually do come here because it is the nicest cigard forum, and I think you go overboard on the level of aggression. Do people deserve it? Possibly or even probably - but do they deserve that level or could you accomplish the same thing if you toned it down a little?

Lastly, to all those that are sending me supportive PMs: quit it. I spoke up because I thought that many of us might be thinking the same thing. Post here if you're serious and care, or don't if not.

Cheers,

- Oak

oak said:
Lastly, to all those that are sending me supportive PMs: quit it. I spoke up because I thought that many of us might be thinking the same thing. Post here if you're serious and care, or don't if not.

Cheers,

- Oak
[snapback]160415[/snapback]​

Must be davey's old crew... the stupid, silent types.

NA

Randyb1 said:
coventrycat86 said:
SFG75 said:

[snapback]160378[/snapback]​
Hey I wasn't involved in the vote on how much Scott knows :angry2:

;)
[snapback]160411[/snapback]​

We should make this a poll question. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SamClemmons said:
oak said:

Cheers,

- Oak
[snapback]160415[/snapback]​

Must be davey's old crew... the stupid, silent types.

NA
[snapback]160419[/snapback]​

:laugh: