• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Carajos

CasaSoho

New Englander at Heart
I picked up this small 6 pack from Edward's across the bridge in Tampa a couple of weeks back. Time has not been and asset for me in recent months and I was looking for a small smoke to fill those opportunites where I would be out in the yard, but not for long. The last time I smoked a cigar of these proportions was 5-7 years ago when I was still on the Macanudo Ascots. The plan for this smoke was to head outside break down some branches I had previously trimmed off our trees and then head over to the garage to straighten up.

This little guy lit like a champ and started off with a great burn and a billow of smoke. Not as complex as the Double Ligero Chisel I smoked in the store while picking these up, nor would I have expected it to be. Somewhat disappointed by the lack of boldness in this cigar; it felt like the nicotine was there forefront but the bold flavor I had hoped for was lacking. A decent burn continued while I abused the hell out of this stick, repeatedly placing it on the closest ledge. It did go out twice on me, however that was only after a prolonged absence on my part. The price on this 6 pack was somehwere around $22, I would have been happier with pricing in the $15-18 range.

I'm unlikely to pick up another pack, but the remaining sticks won't remain idle, they'll get their date with a match. I'll stick with the Quintero Brevas as my go to yard gar/short on time stick for the time being, although I'd like to find something a little smaller in size, however for the price I don't feel bad about stopping halfway.

~Matt

<Edit> to clean up a few sp/gr errors

These are great. I always have a box on hand for a quick smoke. These are definitely a class above most little cigars. Remember, these are also hand rolled.

These are great. I always have a box on hand for a quick smoke. These are definitely a class above most little cigars. Remember, these are also hand rolled.

I saw the hand rolled sticker on the box, but is the filler machine bunched like the Quintero? It looked that way to my untrained eye. It doesn't seem economically feasible to go 100% handmade at this size and price point.

I saw the hand rolled sticker on the box, but is the filler machine bunched like the Quintero? It looked that way to my untrained eye. It doesn't seem economically feasible to go 100% handmade at this size and price point.

I really don't know if it's machine bunched. But they are in fact pricey. It wouldn't surprise me if they are hand made 100%. The reason I don't sell more of these than I currently sell, is because people tend to look at it like a cigarillo. I can't tell you how many times I had to explain that this IS NOT a cigarillo. It is a cigar...a little one, but a real cigar nevertheless. And a GREAT one at that.

Thanks for the review.... :thumbs:

I just can't get any traction out of the small ring 4X3x sized cigars. Even if I nurse them, they all seem to burn too hot for me.

LaLuna used to make a "Colada" that was 4X40 that got it done nicely. Of course the now out of production Tat "Bombazo" is another that is a great small smoke. The La Flor Domicana L200 (4.75 X 40) is yet another I have in the cabinet that I enjoy. There are a couple of "Lunch Club" sized smokes from the forbidden island that I enjoy.

I'm a big fan of small smokes, but if they are smaller than a 40 ring....they're not for me.

Regards - B.B.S.