• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LGF Serie R #6 Maduro( 5-7/8 X 60)

Kento

Ok, so for a month or so, I had been looking to try the LGF Serie R Maduro. By all accounts it was a great, tasty, oily, full-bodied hunk of a cigar. After nursing my recently acquired batch for 2 weeks in the humi, I finally lit one up and, well, it was OK, but no big deal. I actually thought my yardgar Glorias had more taste and body. I have 3 more in the wings now, but am half-contemplating adding 2 black label Maximos to the 3 and trading the fiver for something else....any ideas? Any thoughts? Am I a victim of the marketing hype and an unnatural attraction to pitch black maduros? Or have the ISOM's spoiled me rotten and there is no going back? ???

Well, I've not tried them either. If the ISOMs are to blame then I have some I woudl trade to get your sticks so I can have a go at them.....

Or have the ISOM's spoiled me rotten and there is no going back?

BINGO we have a winnah at table nine :laugh:

Actually Kent, I prefer these slightly over the regular LCG maduros but my snobby Havana taste buds tend to give the thumbs down to most NC's except of course the high-end, almost-impossible-to-find ones like Padron 1926's, Opus X, Anejo, etc.

Consider yourself a captive of the "dark side" there is no hope for you now......... :D

coventrycat86 said:
Or have the ISOM's spoiled me rotten and there is no going back? 

BINGO we have a winnah at table nine :laugh:

Actually Kent, I prefer these slightly over the regular LCG maduros but my snobby Havana taste buds tend to give the thumbs down to most NC's except of course the high-end, almost-impossible-to-find ones like Padron 1926's, Opus X, Anejo, etc.

Consider yourself a captive of the "dark side" there is no hope for you now......... :D
[snapback]158084[/snapback]​

It's problematic isn't it? All the great cigars that I used to keep in the humi just to have for special occasions, now I am smoking them at an alarming rate and ordering more. It is very hard to return from the dark side. When you do it costs a lot! :)

SIGH

I was afraid of this. It does seem that NC's lack the deeper underlying flavor that many of the ISOM's I have tried have (RyJ's seem to be one of those tasteless ones tho).

Seeing that Mr. ISOM actually prefers the SerieR to the regular ones, maybe I need to smoke another to make sure there really is no hope. If they still seem bland I'll PM you Treamayne to see about getting the remaining 2 (plus a couple black labels to make the postage worth while) to try out.