• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Life Insurance

MoeCizlak

Built for comfort
I'm a 37 year old who enjoys about 4-6 cigars a month and does not smoke or use tobacco other than that. My life insurance is due to be renewed and I will have to submit to a blood test and physical. Last time around I mentioned to our agent that I enjoy an occasional cigar and was moved into a smoker's catagorey for one full year and had to retest at that time to prove no nicotine was in my system to get the standard rate. My question to you guys is this: Should I not even mention to my agent about my occasional usage? My wife is worried that if something happens to me and nicotine is found in my system, she would be denied benefits because I didn't disclose this. On the other hand, if I disclose an occasional cigar usage, I will be paying a high premium for a year again which I simply don't want to do. What do some of you veterns out there do on your life insurance? Thanks in advance for any and all advice you can spare.

Search should yield good results here. I think this was just discussed fairly recently.

Bottom line: Don't lie. Shop around as there are companies out there that do not charge higher rates for cigar usage. Again, don't lie. If you have to pay, you have to pay. Just one of the things that goes along with this hobby.

I'm an insurance agent by day - tobacconist by night. Tell the truth or why even purchase the insurance? Life insurance is purchased for peace of mind that in the event you die - your family will receive the benefits to keep them at their standard of living. As LilBastage said shop around - some companies will not surcharge for cigar smoking.

BTW - Welcome on board!

KR

My apologies people. I have, up 'til now, done a pretty good job of using the Search function before posting redundant questions. I failed this time. I read the thread started in August about the same thing and have gotten a good feel for the answer. Thank you for your patience and responses. KR, thanks for the welcome. I really enjoy this community.

I would shop around if your current company doesnt allow for cigar smoking. There are a few out there that do recognize cigar smokers and dont lump them in with cigarette smokers. I do know one big name company of hand for sure that does this and can let you know if you wish.

Damon

I would shop around if your current company doesnt allow for cigar smoking. There are a few out there that do recognize cigar smokers and dont lump them in with cigarette smokers. I do know one big name company of hand for sure that does this and can let you know if you wish.

Damon

Who, please tell me who does this.
Rob

Damon

PM Sent.

Damon

Rob

Link

Good little article and it names the company that offers tiers for smokers.

Damon

Rob

Link

Good little article and it names the company that offers tiers for smokers.
Thanks for the info...much appreciated.
Rob