• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estate

AdriftPanda

This is my second review so be easy if it sucks.
My local B&M carries a lot of Drew Estate Acids so whenever I hear of Drew Estate I quickly assume Acids. When I heard Drew Estate made Liga Privada, I was a little iffy on if I wanted to try another Acid, but the owner assured me it didn't taste like the Acid. So here is my story...

Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua
Binder: Brazil
Wrapper: Conn.
Price: $10.95 on Cigar Aficionado but I payed a little more.

The wrapper was beautiful dark brown, almost a black wrapper that had no noticable oils. It was fairly light on the hand and was easy to hold throughout the smoke. I decided to use a cutter instead of my regular puncher.

I was very shocked with my first few puffs of this stick. I found it to be very pleasant, with a hint of sweetness and had a good spice to it. The spice was not overwhelming. Was this going to be another Acid? Ahhh, I hope not.

Throughout the middle of cigar, the spice began to pick up as well as some other flavors. I was hit with notes of coffee and almost a earthy taste. The cigar picked up and I began to enjoy it a lot more. Okay, so this wasn't like the Acid.

The final third of this stick stayed very pleasant, this stick was never too much. The flavors were very consistant throughout the entire smoke. The spice was still lingering in the back of my throat with every draw. Although I believe the taste of coffee and cocoa came out a lot more with the final third of this stick.

I had this preconceived notion that this cigar was going to be another Acid but it turned out that I was wrong. I believe that this cigar had many flavors to it, some that I could not even explain. Either way, this cigar was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend you guys to try this stick out if you get a chance. This is something I would want in my humidor, hell maybe I'll buy a box next week. Oh, one more thing. Some people have these cigars as full bodied but, it was more or a medium. Enjoy one if you can.

mailgooglecom.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

m_e8bc40d10e944d5b9df744406ae769d5.jpg

A great cigar IMHO ....I'm saving my pennies as these are my next box...

Great review on a great stick. I've enjoyed these for a while now, and is also one of the few cigars that are great right out of the box upon delivery. Can't say that about too many smokes.

Great review on a great stick. I've enjoyed these for a while now, and is also one of the few cigars that are great right out of the box upon delivery. Can't say that about too many smokes.

Isy is my supplier! :whistling:

Hard to believe that this cigar is produced by Drew Estates, isn't it?

Well now, sounds like this cigar some buzz around it! I'm going to have to find me some. I did always enjoy Drew Estate's La Vieja Habanas...they were decent sandwich cigars to me in my n00b days.

Great firstsecond review :). I love these sticks, I just wish they were cheaper.

Nice review. I enjoy these as well. PunkLawyer should chime in soon as well. He love's #9's. :thumbs:

Bill, you are an evil person. I suppose you keep giving your money to Drew Estates so that they can keep spewing the abomination known as ACID cigars. Evil. Evil... :angry: