• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Like cigars? Know Java? Bored?

Misc

Genuine pre-embargo Cuban cigar smoking picture (c
I've got a new web-based Cigar Price Checker that's in public testing, now. It seems to work fairly well, although it's got a few minor bugs and some cosmetic problems.

Its BIGGEST problem is that it only has site-crawlers for a few vendors. If you know Java, they're actually very easy to write (I can put one together in about an hour, now -- it might take someone unfamiliar with the API 2 hrs or so to do their first one), but I'm looking for a few helpful folk to help me write crawlers for more vendors and/or fix a few minor bugs in the existing crawlers.

So, go check out the price-check engine, and drop me a line if you have any ideas for making it better. Then, if you're a Java coder and have a few spare hours, drop me a line and tell me which vendor you want to write a crawler for, and I'll send you the "SDK", such as it is.

Please include "Cigar Price Checker" in the subject line, so mail from strangers doesn't get swallowed by my spam-filter.

Thanks!

P.S. Please note: this is the beta test period. If the site is down or
gives you any problems, please drop me an e-mail, then check back in a
couple of hours.

I admit not knowing anything about Java, but I have searched Google and found several freeware Java-based crawlers out there. Retrieve is one as well as Java crawler. I would love to help out, but like I said, Java is not a language I know. LEt me know if I can be of help for anything else......