• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Link to Scumbag List

Welcome to the hall of shame!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Scott McGuirl Glenwood Md
Father is Mark McGuirl born in 1946
looks like there are two Glenwoods in MD, one twenty minutes away, one hour and a half away.

Don't ask how ;)

Do they have these lists on other boards?

There are some good traders on that list. I think someone might have some personal beefs with them. Like anything else take this list with a grain of salt.

This list looks dead on to me, Lucas. If you see someone that doesn't belong there you should be a "stand up guy" for that person and say so.

NA

Different peopel always have different opinions of what constitues a bad trader. The reasons are listed for these folks being added to the list. Also, it should be noted that this list originated at CF, where selling and gouging are pretty close to capital offenses. The people on the list earned their place on it, from everything I've read. It should also be mentioned that several of those people dissappeared after their offenses, while some continue to screw people over and over again.

You're right Sam. It was a knee-jerk post and upon further consideration I find myself regretting it. Who am I to say these guys haven't burned others? I just know I've had multiple dealings with 3 of them and have nothing but good to report. I will be a "stand up guy" for:

Pierre Viau
Scott_GTO
Bargainhumidors.com

But again I emphasize this is based on my dealings with them. I'm sorry if others have had a problem with any of them. I'm not a member of CF so I don't know the history over there. Based on transgressions on that board they may belong on the list. My apologies for my earlier post.

Having been on several boards for a number of years, and being in the cigar biz for the past 8 years I do know that seveal names on that list are without a doubt "bad traders/dealers".

I don't feel you can put someone's name on a list like this without stating exactly what they did.
It looks to me like some of the names got involved in a personal beef with one of the many "WORLD CLASS A$$HOLES" over at CF. It's a very mean bunch over there...12,000 and only 400 or so post...that's got to tell you alot. Most everyone that I've dealt with at CF have moved to other boards for the same reason that I did...I don't need their name calling bull!

I'll stand up for BargainHumidors.com and Mr. Mike Hotek. I've not heard anyone say what the heck he did wrong and to who. Until then, I'll hold my ground!

THis list needs to either have the problems detailed or taken down...my2¢!

I do not go to CF anymore, for the same reasons that Mr.Jerry posted above. IMHO all one needs to do to end up on "The List" is to piss off the wrong person (Namely one of those guys that Jerry spoke of :lookup: ).

I noticed that some names were on the list because they Stopped Payment on a check, but it doesn't say why they did this,they may well have had a reason. I for one will not put any stock at all in an accusation of wrong doing, when only one side of the argument is noted.

I think that list is Garbage. I have had dealings with one of the names on that list and put a possative note in his trader comments because he more than took care of his end. BlowingSmoke aka D J Gibbons is on the list and the accusation is that he wrote a bad check and failed to make good. I don't believe the whole story is given, and I feel that he is not the only one there that has another side of the story to tell.

Of course, I would not say that you should deal with anyone on that list, you have to decide for yourself, but as for my.....I would dump that list in the preverbial Chitcan and draw my own conclusions based on my experience.

To each his own ???

lucasbuck said:
There are some good traders on that list. I think someone might have some personal beefs with them. Like anything else take this list with a grain of salt.
I agree with you LB, I don't think you have a dang thing to appologize for. Unfortunately, if you put someone's name on "The List" some will think you are doing everyone a favor :lookup: , but if you say someone doesn't belongon the list, I think THAT takes a lot more guts, as well as brains.

:thumbs: Keep standing up for right bro, you will never go wrong there.

I have to add that I am in no way bashing SleepyJim for posting this information! SleepyJim is a client of mine, and it appears that he's only posting and not writing the list.

There are indeed several people who should be on this list, Boot who lives in Panama and has a shop in the airport has done a great deal of damage...I've actually talked to him on two occasions and know first hand that he's a dirtbag.

Mark Gabor...big time dirtbag as well!

I salute both PuroBrat and lucasbuck for standing up and saying that some of the people don't belong here...anybody else want to stand up.

I'll stand up. :angry:

I've been ripped off by one of the people that someone on this thread has spoken up for. This individual is listed on the web page and I'm glad. I've also had another dealing with someone listed on that page that I would consider the individual took advantage of me for a profit. (asking for hard to get cigars, presumally for himself, and then turning around and selling them) I would never trade or sell my cigars knowingly to someone for the sole purpose of reselling them for profit. If any of you need the info I'd be glad to PM you the particulars but have no desire to hash it out here. That list was put together for a very good reason. I'm happy that several of you have had good results dealing with some of the people on that list, that doesn't mean others havn't been screwed by them. In my book, history usually repeats itself. YMMV!

That list does have quite a bit of the information as to why their names are included on this list. Yes, some of them, like questionable business practices and poor customer service are subjective. Read into it what you want. I feel like everyone here, for the most part ;) , has enough common sense to be able to see whats somewhat questionable and whats outright wrong.

I do take offense to the generalization of all the "World Class A$$holes" over at CF.
Thats not to say that there are not several there but I've met plenty class people from there. There's a$$holes everywhere you go, seperating them is not a hard task. :)

I do not go to CF anymore, for the same reasons that Mr.Jerry posted above.

:lookup: PB... please! Lets not go there. Some of us know the real story.

SamClemmons said:
This list looks dead on to me, Lucas. If you see someone that doesn't belong there you should be a "stand up guy" for that person and say so.
okay, for what it's worth, I had two excellent and very high-end trades with Mark DeCarlo (tralfaz) who is listed on that scumbag list. Check his trader comments on CF for the details on that one.

Ditto with Scott_GTO. For what it's worth... though I do understand why people would be upset with him for reselling cigars he's obtained for a profit.

I've done 3 or 4 trades with Aficionado99, all trades with Pierre went well. He was recommended by another botl who told me he had bad history but personally he had nothing but good trades with him. I'll trade with him again but it's not cheap sending to Canada and it takes a long time.

Also traded with Alpha Wolf. This was a trade gone bad that after 6 months or so he took the initiative to make right. He was very generous in his effort to make things right. There were others from CW who also had bad dealings with him at that time, I understand he is attempting to make them right too. But I haven't been following the thread lately over there. I'd trade with him again.

I've not dealt with anyone else on the list.