• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Little Rock, AR

CigarAl

I am traveling this week and will have some time in Little Rock on Tuesday.

Any good local shops????

Anything else to do in Little Rock???

Thanks in advance.

Al

Al,

I know I'm a newb here, but I enthusiasticly endorse the Pipe & Tobacco Shop...

2908 S University Ave
Little Rock, AR 72204
Phone: (501) 562-7473

After several prolonged AF TDYs to Little Rock, this shop became like a second home to me. The folks who run it are friendly, their humidor is great, and the patrons come from all walks of life-- making a great community of smokers. As for smoking, the last time I was there people were having to go outside... it's in a strip mall, and while smoking is still legal in cigar shops, the neighbors complained and the city forced everyone outside.

I actually sorely miss this place, as there really isn't a B&M like that close to me in the U.K. Tell Greg, Matt, Fred, and Michael that I said hi!

As for things to do, downtown is great for food and drink. The Whole Hog is one of the best BBQ places around (a lofty claim to be sure, but they have the trophies to prove it) and the Flying Saucer, while a chain, is still a great place for good beers.

Hope this helps!!!

Barry

Wow a post from the UK with info life in LR.

Barry thanks for the info. I will definitely check the shop out tomorrow.

That for the dinner tip also.

Getting late night so will put these on the to do list for tomorrow.

Al

No worries, Al. Please let me know how your visit to the Natural State goes.

Barry

Wanted to top this thread for a quick thanks to Barry for pointing me in the right direction during my stay in LR.

The Pipe & Tobacco Shop was a great shop. I spent some time there with Micheal (I think) and had some great 'shop talk'. The only issue was that they close at 7:00 and I couldn't spend more time there.

Also did check out the Whole Hog based on his receommendation and others and was not disappointed again.

Thanks again for the help. You made my stay in LR a little more bearable.....

Al

You're certainly welcome Al... I'm glad I could help. I was skeptical the first time I arrived in Arkansas, but found the town of Little Rock to be quite agreeable. When I eventually get out of the AF, the wife and I have included it on the list of places we may wind up.

Barry