• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Litto Gomez Chisel

Ernie111

I have a LG Chisel I'd like to try and Don't want to spoil it with a bad cut. Just wondered how you folks go about it?
The search didn't turn up anything for me.

Ernie

Squeeze the top and it will open up and you can smoke it. No need to cut it :thumbs:

I prefer using a punch on this cigar.

Doc.

just make a small snip at the end by the cap... dont cut the cap off, it is very small in this case. Just a little off the top. the store i go to has a guilitne type cutter. It works great on these.

There are some folks who do use a punch on this cigar. Two holes, one on each side of the tip. Never done it myself, but they swear by it.

I like the punch on each side method, but the pinch method is a close second. I feel with a cut you open too much of the cigar, and the flavors become overwhelming. Just my $.02 though.

My advice is to cut it how you want and enjoy the smoke. It is a great cigar :thumbs:

I've never cut, punched, poked or chopped a Chisel!

No need, they are a beautiful thing as is.

I use a butchers knife, if thats not around then I use the hatchet. Works every time.

There are some folks who do use a punch on this cigar. Two holes, one on each side of the tip. Never done it myself, but they swear by it.

This is how Litto advertises to smoke this cigar... stating that it smokes the best and you experience the fullness of the flavors this way.

this punch method all of you speak of do you have a pic? I dont know if you me top or bottom or left and right.

I find the best cut for the chisel shape is the cat's eye (V-cut) lengthwise along the cigar's head. That opens up the maximum amount of space while still concentrating the smoke.

[/quote]
Ditto. A quick snip and the tip is gone. [/quote]

Are you a Mohel????????

The old ads in CA used to demonstrate Litto's suggested method for "cutting" this cigar quite frequently. It actually never occured to me that there remained any question on these.

I've punched them, but when I do, I actually only delicately punch the top, leaving the bottom as it was, with only one "punch" hole being made into the cigar.

Generally though, I just pinch 'em.

I find the best cut for the chisel shape is the cat's eye (V-cut) lengthwise along the cigar's head. That opens up the maximum amount of space while still concentrating the smoke.

Yep, the V-cut is the best method for this cigar, IMO. I've also done the double punch (one on each side) and just clipped the end with a cutter. Never pinched it open as suggested by Tone-ny -- I'll have to try that next time.

Litto never liked the ad. He told us himself that he punches one side of the tip but never goes all the way through. I've cut it all the ways mentioned above but I find the best is a straight cut. IMHO