• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Local 44 - Sunday, March 15th

Martin2D

Clueless About Life
Anyone attending Local 44's Russian River event? Let me know if you want to meet up and drink some great beer.

Be here at 11:30am on Sunday, March 15 for the tapping of more Russian River beer that we've ever seen in one place, outside of Santa Rosa.

We'll be pouring both Plinys, Blind Pig, Consecration, Damnation and Salvation. All at once. We've got a limited amount of each, when they're gone, they're gone!

I'll be heading over with some friends from Beer Advocate on our way to the Yards Real Ale Festival. What time you planning on arriving? We'll probably get there right at 11:30 so we can grab at least some PtY and Consecration before we have to head down to Delaware Ave.

I was planning on getting there right at tap time. Damn, sorry I didn't read about the firkin event earlier, sounds like it'd be a great time.

Martin - if you need a fake ID, you should send a PM to robbie.

I might be wearing my Rangers jersey...if I'm brave enough.

What a clusterf&#k today! PtY was gone by 11:55, Consecration kicked by 12:10...they barely let us in the door by 11:40. Can't believe they didn't expect the crowds they had with all those RR beers on tap. Sorry I didn't seek out my fellow CP'ers, but I was happy to get in and out alive.

I hear ya. I was happy to get there early. Got Consecration first; sort of good, sort of bad. I got the last half goblet of PtY, which I shared with my brother...boy was I sad that I didn't get a whole goblet of that...really a life changing beer for sure.

Consecration
PtY
PtE
Blind Pig
Rejection
Salvation

Not too bad of a day...

Great to meet Carps too!

I hear ya. I was happy to get there early. Got Consecration first; sort of good, sort of bad. I got the last half goblet of PtY, which I shared with my brother...boy was I sad that I didn't get a whole goblet of that...really a life changing beer for sure.

Consecration
PtY
PtE
Blind Pig
Rejection
Salvation

Not too bad of a day...

Great to meet Carps too!

Thats a helluva line up. Have you had any of the other RR sours prior to this event? They are definately an acquired taste, I hated them the first time I tried them.

What an event. It was nice to to meet Martin and talk beers and cigars. I was pretty toasted by that point however, so the Philly herf will give me another chance to talk it up. I thought consecration was the best beer on tap. My buddy and I were let in around 10:45am and barely made it out at 2 alive. It was funny how I knew who Martin was because I hear this guy say his name for his tab before he jumps and yells after landing the last 1/2 glass of PTY.

Sorry I missed you both. It was tough to find anyone in there today. I had little tastes of PtE, Consecration, Damnation and Rejection Ale, but couldn't get a glass of my own (primarily because they ran out of clean glasses!). Since it was only our primary stop on the way to the Real Ale Invitational, we didn't stay long, only about 45 min or so. Hope to catch up with you both after the Philly Beer Week hangover subsides!

Consecration
PtY
PtE
Blind Pig
Rejection
Salvation

Not too bad of a day...

Great to meet Carps too!

Thats a helluva line up. Have you had any of the other RR sours prior to this event? They are definately an acquired taste, I hated them the first time I tried them.

I have not had any RR beer before the event. The only sours I've had are Duchess and Monk's (made by a Philly bar) only very recently (last week). Beautiful beer, according to me and my brother, who has never had a sour before. Today was quite a day for a guy that doesn't really like super hop flavor.