• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long term cigar aging

andrewhac

Andrew Hac Nguyen
Reaction score
I am inquiring of the board opinions about a couple brands of cigars that will be good or potentially good for aging, Shall we say 2-3 years, in the coolerdor. The cigar should not cost more than $100.00 a box as per my limited budget. What brand names do you have in mind and what is your personal experience like in long term cigar aging ?

Thanks ahead...

People say that CAO Maduros are good with some age on them. I'm not sure because I've never had one with age on it. ???

you got to get a box of PSB you cant go wrong with this under a 100 taste awesome after 2 years

Mayorga Maduros
Onyx Reserve
Connie Maduros
AF Sun Grown (any)
CAO Brazilia
Sancho Panza dbl. Maduro
Camacho Corojo
Punch Rare Corojo

To name a few :D

Hello, AreoSwat:
What is the long name for PSB ? You know what, I still have a hard time trying to get used to all short-cut names or acronymns.
Example: What the HECK is a FOG ???

Thanks, CoventryCat86. For a while, I kind of thought the name stands for "Freaking Old Gizzard". Close, but no cigar. Eh...

andrewhac said:
Thanks, CoventryCat86. For a while, I kind of thought the name stands for "Freaking Old Gizzard". Close, but no cigar. Eh...
Works just as well :D

andrewhac said:
I am inquiring of the board opinions about a couple brands of cigars that will be good or potentially good for aging, Shall we say 2-3 years, in the coolerdor. The cigar should not cost more than $100.00 a box as per my limited budget. What brand names do you have in mind and what is your personal experience like in long term cigar aging ?

Thanks ahead...
I would recommend a box of Cabana Perfectos (5" x 44 ring). These are a long-filler machine-made cuban. Run about $80 a box. These have a fairly strong blend - and I believe (no hard data to back me up) that the perfecto size has the most potent blend of the line. After a few years - these become very good.

In terms of a domestic, I would recommend the Padron Panetela (6.75" x 36 ring) in Maduro. These are also found at $80 or under a box. Although I'm not usually a fan of a small ring guage cigar, these are quite nice and after even a year - you find that the excellent maduro wrapper seems to bleed its sweetness through the fairly strong blend (I believe this to be the strongest choice among the 'regular' padrons).

Both of the above are strongish cigars (for their price range) that get stronger with a couple years, but smooth out and also give a lot of bonus sweetness as time goes by. Both of these cigars really show the value of aging (I think they're both vulgar when young - but within 18 months - these are both much better cigars than anything else I've had within $50 of their price).

Cheers,

- Oak