• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Look at Me!

sigar_zealot

FattyMcButterPants
Reaction score
The bottle in the middle came this week thanks to our friend AVB.

Glen Grant 1958 was bottled in 2009 so it's 50 Years old
I'm supposed to wait for my 50th birthday to open it but I doubt I last that long.

100_9854.jpg

Looks like its in good company. How'd like that Ordie 30?

Wow. 50 years? That's a lot of time in the barrel. Do post a review. Congratulations on the approaching 50th!

I haven't even opened the bottle of Glen Ord 30. Same with the Dalwhinnie 29 and almost 30 other bottles. I fear the corks will fall apart faster than I can drink them.

I was pleasantly surprised with the bottle of Glen Ord 12 I came across in a little shop near Las Vegas a few years back.

Khari, This was distilled in 1958 and bottled in 2009. I was born early in 1963 so just over 2 years to go.

Kingantz-The distillery notes:

Colour: Deep brown

Nose: Sweet and rich with hints of toffee and caramel. Mulled fruits and sherry elements combine with subtle oak aromas.

Palate: Complex array of flavors with sweet sherry and hints of apples and pears. Some toasted dryer notes are also present.

Body: Medium with a smooth texture.

Finish: Sherry wood.

According to Royal Miles Whiskies: Another super-old Glen Grant from Elgin bottled in 2009. The bottlers recommend this rich, sherried whisky be drunk with a good cigar.

The one thing I noticed from removing the bottle from the box is the color is so deep you can barely see through the bottle even when holing it up to the light. I guess that is to be expected after spending 50 years in various oak barrels. I'm thinking when I open this is will be scotch 1st and a cigar after. Trying to pick the cigar is a whole other issue.:p

Randy you better upgrade the home security system. I hear Jon can get in and out with 30 bottles in under 2 minutes. Something about Triathlon training or something.

:D

PJ

Edit to add I will be driving the get away car!

Nice, not sure when I'm going to go big on some nice bottles.

If the wife knew how much I spent on cigars she'd cut my baby making tools off. At least I can keep the stogies hidden in the closet /man cave.

I'll live through all of your great scotch buys!

Enjoy!