• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a good cigar to start...

ChillTTU

Hey everyone, glad I found this site. I have just recently began wanting to smoke cigars again. A co-worker of mine gave me a few good cigars that I enjoyed and got me hooked again. What are a few good, but not expensive cigars out there? I'm a college student so I don't have too much to spend, just looking for a good low cost cigar.

Im not educated enough yet to recomend you what to try, but so far I've enjoyed the La Aurora Cetros to most. And at only $60 a box, its hard to beat.

For $89 a box you can't go wrong with a Oliva O oasis. You could maybe get it for $15 cheaper, if your lucky @ cigarbid.com.

My suggestion is try the 3 Gran Habanos.
#1 is mild, #3 is medium and #5 is full bodied.
You could probably get all 3 sticks for $10-$12 and decide where your flavor profile preference is and go from there!

Jim

I started with Sancho Panza Dulcinea Very nice smoke not very expensive. :thumbs:

You cannot go wrong with anything Padron, but they can ge expensive depending on how much and which ones you smoke. For a pretty good cigar at a great price try some of these or something from else from the Consuegra line.

Fonseca Cedar #1...Lots of good cedar flavor at a modest price if you catch em on sale.

Thanks for the info guys. I picked up a Arturo Fuente on the way home. I've heard good things about the Padron, but the place I went didn't have any.

Brother, you're not going to find a better start for a better price than you'll get here.

Check out the thread and you'll see what I mean.

I also recommend the Oliva O. It was one of my first box purchases (robustos I think). I may have to reaquaint myself with them!

-Rob

Consuegras are great for a dollar a piece. Also the Sancho Panza Double Maduros are great smokes. The La Manchas (size) are 35 dollars a box. Hope this helps a little.

Brandon

Padron 2000 Maduro, Arturo Fuente Short Story, and Arturo Fuente 858 will get you started. Also check out this thread http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...916&st=2220 a FOG is bound to help you out for just $50. I have spent twice that on bad cigars ;)

What ever cigar that you decide to try particularly if it is the Padron, try

www.TNTCigar.com first

They have the best prices that I have ever seen on Padrons and several other cigars too.

Hi,
I too am new here & to good cigars as well. With the help of my buddies, & reading posts here I have been able to experience several different cigars. Being new to the "habit" I have been cautious on buying higher priced cigars, however, in my short experience, I keep coming back to the Padron 2000. Is about $3 - $4 a stick & is very enjoyable. IMHO

Hope this helps a fellow newbie

Muttlee