• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Perfect Cigar

Qualls07

token pipe smoker
I am looking for a cigar that is smooth, in the mild to medium range, has good flavor, and is in the 2-4 dollar range. I apparently have a sensitive throat, so something smooth enought not to bother it is important. I have tried several stronger cigars that I really enjoyed, but were just a little to much for me to finish or smoke on a regular basis. I guess I am kind of a lightweight when it comes to smoking. I would really like a cigar somewhere in this range that still have good flavor, otherwise there is not really a lot of point in smoking one.
I have had severel R&J's that I liked, but were a little out of my price range.
I had a Genuine Counterfeit Cuban that I really liked, but had just a little more kick than I want in a daily smoke, same with an Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend.
Im sure this has been discussed before, but I have spend hours reading and searching without coming up with exactly what I am looking for, apparently the search function is more of an aquaintance than a friend right now. :(
ANy input would be greatly appreciated, even a "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION NEWBIE", with a link would be great :D

Try some of the following:
Montecristo Serie V - Corona Gorda
Camacho SLR - Corona
Hoyo de Monterrey - Dark Sumatra Espresso

All mild to medium with good price points.

my 2 cents...

How about a Padron Delicias or a 2000 Natural? Relatively inexpensive. Always a great draw and burn. Smooth, especially if you let them sit a bit. I just had a Delicias yesterday with some humi time and it was great.

I would also say something from the La Luna LHB family. But then again, I'm a La Luna whore.

Lately when I've wanted a mild to medium quality smoke at a low price point I usually pick up a few Romeo Y Julieta 1875's. I've been enjoying the 1875 Romeo's Court tubos. I get them for about 35 bucks for a box of 10. The local shop sells em for 5.99 each.

ricmac25 said:
How about a Padron Delicias or a 2000 Natural? Relatively inexpensive. Always a great draw and burn. Smooth, especially if you let them sit a bit. I just had a Delicias yesterday with some humi time and it was great.
Good suggestions on the Padron. The maduros share the same characteristics but have a little more bite to them.

I think AVOs are probably the smoothest smokes that I've had, but they're not "cheap" unless you can find a good deal on them.

Well, to keep it on the more affordable side, 100% agree with Padron Delicias, 2000 Natural, and to add to the list:

C.A.O. Golds in the Tin. There are 5 of them [around PC size] in a tin for $15 last I checked [tho that store tends to up prices some, so probably less than]. CAO Gold's are a great cigar, IMO, and def. one of the milder ones. Plus, the tin looks puuuurty.

:thumbs:

I too like a mild to medium smoke. I smoked cigarettes for over 50 years and finally decided to give them up, but the urge to still smoke (something) was just to great, so I went over to cigars. As i was still searching for the "right" cigar for me, the guy at the local smoke shop gave me a Cuesta-Rey. Pretty darned good cigar so I asked to buy a box. He dug through all his backstock and finally found a box of Cuesta-Rey Cabinet #47 under tons of other stuff. I don't know if the cello on these cigars were tinted a bronze color before going on the cigars or not, but they are almost a copper color now. Man, that was one fine smoke! I went back the next day to buy another box just to see if the wrappers on all of them were tinted, but I bought the last box so I don't know if I lucked up and got a nicely aged box of 25 for $75.00 or not. Anyway, try a Cuesta-Rey, I think you'll like them.

Hey, James! One of the very best $3 cigars available is the El Rey del Mundo (Honduras) Robusto Oscuro. This cigar is available at JR Cigars, as well as from other cigar merchants. Enjoy! Regards, knightlaird

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Double Corona :love:

Exodus 1959 Silver Edition Torpedo Especial

Flor de Oliva Bundles or Padron 2000. Te Flors may be the best buy of any cigar

I have a taste for the milder cigars myself and like the following:

-Montesino
-Copacabana
-Gispert
-Helix
-Licenciados
-Las Cabrillas

Hoyo is a nice smooth smoke, but a really nice smoke i a Spanish Rosado. Grrreeaatt flavor. My OPINION..

Here is another one for your list..just got done smoking a La Fontana Vintage, cost me 3.50 a stick, it was a really good mild-medium smoke too imho...

anybody tried Victor Sinclair Connecticut? Cigar Intl has been pushing them, and the description sure makes them seem like a good deal. It says I cant pass it up :laugh:

vewyphishy said:
I think AVOs are probably the smoothest smokes that I've had, but they're not "cheap" unless you can find a good deal on them.
[snapback]232800[/snapback]​
AVOs are very excellent and mild, even the maduro is medium bodied. My favorite AVO is the Domaine. Another excellent mild smoke is Playboy by Don Diego. K. Hansotia's Symphony is also good.

But if you are looking for inexpensive, and IMO underated, try the Rocky Patel Conneticut. A very good mild smoke for the price.

Have fun exploring! :)
Cheers,
- C

Rocky Patel Edge Light (like light beer). Nice light wrapper... good, mellow flavor.

-Fetter

H.Upmann's Corona Major, Fonseca delicias are great medium smokes for the money. I also have a sensitive throat, and I've found it very helpful to always drink a favorite beverage such as coffee or juice which coats my throat and protects it. It also adds to the cigar smoking experience. :D :D

Well famous smokes sells a line called veultabajo which I am a rather large advocate for. Coming in at $50 a box I find them a really awesome deal. I think you would enjoy them.

oh and USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION NOOB! ;)

Since your looking for "mild to medium and smooth" id have to disagree with the Padron 2000 recomendations...they are on the strong side of medium(even the natural wrappers) and can be quite harsh if you dont let them sit in your humi for a good bit...i remember the first one of those that i smoked...made me dizzier than crap and the taste was a bit overwhelming for a newer cigar smoker IMO.

My FAVORITE medium bodied smoke is a Romeo Y Julieta Bully...they are about the perfect balance of strength, taste and price. Very smooth and creamy and ive yet to have one thats been bitter or harsh in any way. You can usually find them for about 3-4 bucks per stick.