• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for recommendations

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Hi all,
New guy here!
I'm looking for your recommendations for a medium to full bodied, flavorful smoke. For about 3-4 years I have been hooked on Fuente Chateau and Padron 3000's. Recently I thought I'd 'venture out and explore' more options. I was recently introduced to CAO Brazilas and La Gloria Cubana Series R, both of which I liked! I have a few others in my humidor (CAO MX2, Punch Maduro Maduro, Sancho Panza, Macanudo Maduro...) that I have yet to try.

I'd love to hear your recommendations! And since our local shop is limited in selection, I'm interested in online shop recommendations as well. Preferably somewhere I can get singles until I find out which boxes I want! Plus I'll have to wait until my new humidor is finished (will hold ALOT)

Thanks in advance... looking forward to your ideas on a good, full flavored smoke.
Jim

You didn't mention budget, but Padrón 1964 Anniversary and Padrón 1926 Serie maduro cigars are wonderful.

moki said:
You didn't mention budget, but Padrón 1964 Anniversary and Padrón 1926 Serie maduro cigars are wonderful.
[snapback]175240[/snapback]​

Budget=who cares!!! (just don't tell my wife...)

Actually I am looking to try these- recommended to me already elsewhere. Just have to find a place to order them from.

El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga and Robusto Suprema. :thumbs:

The NST is the best place to get a sampler of singles to try. These guys will take care of ya. :thumbs:

The Indian Tabac Super Fuerte in Maduro is also a pretty good smoke. Punch Maduro's are some of my favorite. My samplings have been limited so far though but those are a couple you may want to try.

I see you have tried the Brazilia's; those are some of my favorites. Maybe try the CAO Italia as well. I have recently been smoking alot of the Don Lino Africa line with mixed results (I like the Duma the best).

Moki's comment was great; the Padron Maduros are excellent; tons of flavor and complexity. If budget isn't a problem, give a look to the Diamond Crown Maximus line as well!

Happy hunting....

Patrick

oops...I posted my recommendation in your introduction thread.

...basically, I'm another vote for checking out Padron's 1964 Aniversario and Serie 1926 lines.

THANKS ALL!
I'll add these to my must try list. And I'm already in line for the newbie sampler 'event'... just waiting for my old foggie to reply back!

Jim :cool:

yeah...just go straight to the top and buy a handful of different vitolas of padron '64's.

marcsheldon said:
yeah...just go straight to the top and buy a handful of different vitolas of padron '64's.
[snapback]175291[/snapback]​

Man,
with all the vots for the Padron '64s i guess I'll have to step up my sarch for a decent place to order them from!

Thx all
Jim

Welcome to CP! You'll love it here :)

Mayorga make a nice budget maduro. They are mild but tasty.

Did somebody mention Padron? ;) Padron Anniversary are about the best you can get! Try some AF 858's. They are not too bad, as well.

Ree

Vote #3000 for the PAM, Cao odyssey,CAO regular Maduro line in tube or not is always good on the more budget minded end. Ashton vsg although not a maduro are nice and dark with a great taste.Ashton aged maduro,partaga maduro,and even the RyJ reserve maduro is about the only NC i like by RyJ.Last but definately not least the PG maduro but good luck finding these.oops almost forgot the AF anejo but again pretty rare.
that about does it for this maduro whore :D .

Thanks to all that have replied! Man, I have some SHOPPING to do!! :laugh:

This should keep me busy for awhile! Anyone here every run a maduro or full bodied smoke pass??????

Off to the online stores...
Jim

Dude, I will say this...in my humble oppinion, Padron 65 Maduro is the greatest out there...full bodied and smooth...you could also read my review on the whatcha smokin forum.