• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LOONS Fall From Sky

Pugman1943

Loon fallout': Strange weather phenomenon causes birds to fall from sky in Wisconsin. Yes, true. Sorry for bold. Looms migrating hit cold weather, their wings iced and down they came. Since we are into birds thought you would find this of interest.​

That is really interesting. I've heard of mass bird fallouts before for various different scientific reasons, but I don't think I've ever heard of wing icing before!

I actually think I read a news article about this a couple years back.

Animals are pretty smart, you would think they would have learned to adapt and well, not fly in icy conditions.

The title of this thread makes me think Air Force One went down.

Loon fallout': Strange weather phenomenon causes birds to fall from sky in Wisconsin. Yes, true. Sorry for bold. Looms migrating hit cold weather, their wings iced and down they came. Since we are into birds thought you would find this of interest.​

Yup. Made all the news here. The weather was so crazy this past week it's not surprising. The wind was so insane that I had to put my full body weight into opening my truck door. My bday is May 5.. I've had snow on the ground a few times in my life this late.

But nothing like the past week. And then today was sunny, 73, and gorgeous. Go figure.

Yup. Made all the news here. The weather was so crazy this past week it's not surprising. The wind was so insane that I had to put my full body weight into opening my truck door. My bday is May 5.. I've had snow on the ground a few times in my life this late.

But nothing like the past week. And then today was sunny, 73, and gorgeous. Go figure.

Be happy you weren't a loon today.... well maybe more than usual.