• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Loose beads

A couple of tubes
A nylon stocking
A couple of the disposable Glad Tupperware type containers with a bunch of small holes drilled in lids.

In addition to the above I was also told not to pile them higher than an inch or so. They work better spread out.

If I go with beads I will probably get some cheap glass containers from Meijer.
Or maybe shot glasses.

....so, if you have a one pound bag of beads, wouldn't (lesse, carry the three) two half pound mesh bags work fine....??

This could turn into another Bill Clinton thread.  That was epic.

BlindedByScience said:
....so, if you have a one pound bag of beads, wouldn't (lesse, carry the three) two half pound mesh bags work fine....??
This is making my head hurt. I'm going to go lay down.

BlindedByScience said:
I get what you are saying but I wanted to divide it into 4 sections

I keep mine in a couple cedar cigar coffins with the lids off.  Old Rocky Patel "A" Sungrowns; they were a little shorter than most A cigars and fit my humidor exactly.

~Boar

Heartfelt sells different sized bags FYI. I use 2 in my winedor and 1 in my tuppador and split up a pound of beads. They work great. Im sure stockings are very similar if not the same. Probably cost less too.

It really depends if you're going to store the cigars with the cello on or cello off.  Huge difference that has to be taken into consideration.

I awalys just have them spread out in a shallow long dish. Also try to keep them under an inch deep.

I agree with Tom,
mesh%20small%20large.jpg

I formerly worked at a chemical company and surface area was always one of those principles of evaporation or absorption considered in any operation.  Therefore, I have mine in a few more smaller containers with more surface area exposed and they seem to work fine.

I like the Aquarium filter media bags that Heartfelt sells. I like to put just enough beads in to lay about 1/2 inch thick, max, when flattened out. I have learned that I like the smaller bags to facilitate spreading the humidity around the humidor or container. I also like to leave enough room so that the beads will roll freely around, inside the bag, to disperse the added water on the beads more evenly. I use a freebee kids syrup med doser syringe to add the water.

I am contemplating getting these to replace my black ice.

question is, can you lay the sticks directly on the bags that contain the beads?

i certainly don't want to damage my sticks, but if i can get some sacks for the bottom of the humidor and lay the sticks on tip or vice versa that would be ideal.