• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Losing weight?

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Diet and lifestyle change is good, but without exercise, you won't lose that much!
Well... I think we're talking about the same thing. By "lifestyle change" I mean being more active, exercising, etc.

You guys remember all those stautes of Greek Gods from Art History, right? Well built, male specimens with tiny wieners and funny hair??? Well, that's The Beast. :)

I might have funny hair...but the truth to those comments ends there. ;)

Lost 20 pounds since Sept...down from 210 to 190. Here is my lifestyle change --

1) Portion control for lunch. I brown bag it 9 out of 10 days. Leftovers, sandwiches, now I'm on a soup kick. No chinese buffets anymore.

2) Cut out fried food and fast food. See number 1)

3) Booze consumption reduced by 90%. Use to have a drink (rum) a day, and several on the weekends. Love beer. Have had 2 drinks this month...a beer last weekend, and some Zaya rum on New Years eve. That's it.

Now, I plan to work exercise back into the equation. Plan to drop another 5 pounds, and tone up for summer!

Started drinking diet coke and un sweet tea and have lost 17lbs in 3 months. Spend just as much time on my a$$ and eat every bit as much. After a few days the diet coke taste good :D

Between seeing that mug on the other page and hearing about penis size, I'm feeling very queezy........

throwup.gif

moki said:
I'll pitch in a little hint here. The is absolutely, positively only one way to lose weight:

You burn off fewer calories than you take in.
Ummm, don't you mean the exact opposite of that? :lookup:

Definitely whatever works for you, I would go with it--Hell it took me all those years to figure out nothing was working for me LOL

And surely Beast's ego being as big as it is has to say something about his penis size ;-) I mean...in a positive way of course :sign:

I could surely get my ass kicked for that LOL

melly :love:

Starting south beach on monday... got conned into it, but I'm kinda curious to see if it really works as well as people have said. I think just cutting the alcohol will have the biggest effect. Haven't found anything about an all beer diet yet, let me know if you guys see anything.

I gained 35# during the 2002 holiday season (halloween through new years) and swore not to do the same this past holiday so my wife and I went on Adkins. I was at 271 and lost about 10#, gained some back during the holiday feasts but am back down to maybe 261-2 but can't seem to get past that.

My wife is looking good. Loosing the melons but the ass is looking nice :D

I work two jobs so I get plenty of exercise. One is cleaning a high school so I get a lot of walking done. My problem is that my body has gotten use to the 8 yrs of a second job.

I am one of the lucky 30 something bastids with lifestyle habits and work responsibiities that have kept me within 20 pounds of my true fighting weight since high school.

I looove to eat,no doubt about it, and eat well I do! But it is rare that you'll ever find me eating fastfood, except travelling when there is no other choice. A fair amount of redmeat ( madcow be damned!), rice, beans and sushi!

My recent move in 2003 to the heart of Sonoma County has meant that I also have found myself consuming far less brewskis in exchange for the (healthier?) lower cal red wines varietals that surround me now. That has meant an easy 10LBs reduction since September '03.

Along with all the other great insights thus far in this thread, I would include moderation as the key to all life's vices, including food and beverages.

JoeInvest said:
Um, PB, I don't know if the sites you visit are such a good idea, hmmmmm. :sign:
Joe>What do you mean "The sites I visit"?

That is a picture of ME :0

Oh the humanity, the horror..Hope you are happy, that picture has scarred me for life and I think the little of my mind that is left is about to sue me along with my eye for curelty and mental anguish! lol

Scooby

DaveWF said:
moki said:
I'll pitch in a little hint here. The is absolutely, positively only one way to lose weight:

You burn off fewer calories than you take in.
Ummm, don't you mean the exact opposite of that? :lookup:
oops... heh. Yes, I meant to say:

"You burn off more calories than you take in"

Sorry about that...

I'm new here...but I have a good understanding of nutrition and such.

It really is very, very simple to lose weight. The media just makes it seem complex.

1. Cut out the fast food
2. Reduce your caloric intake (not the quantity you eat) Do this by eating more fruits and vegetables and less processed food. Eat less fatty meat as well.
3. Introduce exercise into your lifestyle. This can be two 45 minute walks per week w/ the wife.
4. Drink more water. A lot of what you think is hunger is actually thirst.

All this said, weight watchers is an excellent system that preaches moderation. Moderation is key. My father-in-law and mother-in-law have both lost 30+ pounds on the program.

Best of luck to you. It's doable.

Wonderfull on the weight losses. All weight losses are good no matter what the reason, keep up the good hard work all!! :D :thumbs: