• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Louisville @ Rutgers Tonight

CasaSoho

New Englander at Heart
I'm not a huge college football fan, certainly much more in to the NFL. However, as this game get closer, the more excited I get. I thought of many reasons to cheer for Rutgers in this game; the number one reason being they're the underdog. I went to an equally sized state school of similar athletic prominence (BTW- The Sagarin ratings have us the #1 1-AA school and 50th when combined with 1-A). Yet, for some reason I have the desire to watch Louisville put the beating of a lifetime on these guys. I really have trouble believing that are ranked 15th in the nation and only 6 1/2 pt. dogs in the game. Anyone here think Rutgers has a chance?

Should be a great college atmosphere - Hopefully a great game - Louisville impressed me last week by beating WVU easily. I would think Louisville has too much fire power for Rutgers, but as they say, that is why they will play the game.

Should be a great college atmosphere - Hopefully a great game - Louisville impressed me last week by beating WVU easily. I would think Louisville has too much fire power for Rutgers, but as they say, that is why they will play the game.
I agree with Rob. Louisville should run them over but anything can happen. I am counting the days to the OSU/Michigan matchup. College football is great.

i like rutgers tonight getting 6 1/2.

anyone up for a fiver bet?...cookie?

The fact that Rutgers has such an embarrassing history of being one of the worst programs in the country (although not as bad as Duke :laugh:), doesn't help their cause in getting people to respect them today. However, their program has been building slowly, but steadily, over the last 5 years or so. They actually have something pretty good going and are a good team. Good enough to beat Louisville? I would say yes and wouldn't be surprised if they did so. However, I don't think it's going to happen. I still think that WVU is the best team in the Big East. Louisville is tough, but they haven't played like they did last week all season long. If they can continue that kind of game, they will be a tough team for anyone to beat. However, don't let Rutgers history fool you - they're for real.

The fact that Rutgers has such an embarrassing history of being one of the worst programs in the country (although not as bad as Duke :laugh:), doesn't help their cause in getting people to respect them today. However, their program has been building slowly, but steadily, over the last 5 years or so. They actually have something pretty good going and are a good team. Good enough to beat Louisville? I would say yes and wouldn't be surprised if they did so. However, I don't think it's going to happen. I still think that WVU is the best team in the Big East. Louisville is tough, but they haven't played like they did last week all season long. If they can continue that kind of game, they will be a tough team for anyone to beat. However, don't let Rutgers history fool you - they're for real.

They did take part in the game recognized as the first collegiate football contest. Things were quite different back then... Link

While I'm a Rutgers fan (my daughter is a jr) they don't have a chance in my book. Mike Teal will have to make some big plays down field in order to give them a punchers chance and I don't think he has what it takes. Look for Louisville to stack the box and make Teal beat them. I hope I'm wrong but Louisville wins in a blowout 44-17

While I'm a Rutgers fan (my daughter is a jr) they don't have a chance in my book. Mike Teal will have to make some big plays down field in order to give them a punchers chance and I don't think he has what it takes. Look for Louisville to stack the box and make Teal beat them. I hope I'm wrong but Louisville wins in a blowout 44-17

That's what I'm talking about :sign:

louisville has a horrible defense that hasnt been exposed yet, ecspecially not by west va. who isnt that good of a team either.

louisville has a horrible defense that hasnt been exposed yet, ecspecially not by west va. who isnt that good of a team either.

Believe me Rutgers isn't going to expose them either! WV has a far better offense than Rutgers, equal running games but White can do it all and Teal has yet to prove he can do anything. I hope Teal proves it tonight!

Boooooooo! Just kidding - I wouldn't call the Louisville defense horrible, but it certainly isn't what one would expect from a #3 ranked team. However, if you can put more points on the board than your opponent, that's all that matters. That's where their offense comes in which is what many people saw against WVU. As for the mountaineers, they came across a team (Louisville) which was very ready and played well, but they accounted for as much as that loss as the team lining up against them. I've stated it before, but I think WVU could go toe to toe with some of the big boys in the land, but Louisville, I'm not convinced at this point. If their offense falters at all, they're in trouble (against a good team).

At any rate, it will be an interesting game tonight. I pick Louisville to beat Rutgers in a hard fought game, which will be closer than most think. I believe it will be anyone's game but in the 4th quarter, Louisville pulls away and wins by 10.

I'm hoping Rutgers wins, just so all those one loss SEC teams can start, lead by Auburn's Tubberville, whining why they deserve to be the #2 team in the country, and be in consideration to play the winner of The Ohio State - Michigan game!!

Wow! :0 Too bad they won't have a chance to play for a national championship. I hope Florida does.