• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Low & slow or heat & eat

Humidor Minister

SO! for the up coming holiday, are you going low and slow or heat and eat? Myself, I enjoy starting a coal fire in the smoker, throw an Oak log in, get the smoker up to 180 degrees and put the pork shoulder in. Smoke it at 180 for a couple hours. Then take it out, wrap it in foil for the next couple hours in an Apple juice bath along with some seasoning. Now bring the heat up to 225 using some Pecan chunks. Next, take it out of the foil and put it back in until the internal temp is 190ish. What's great about smokin is, you can bust out that big fat 3 hour cigar you've had sitting in your humi for ages and put a fire to it. Enjoy some friends, beverages and the sweet smell of the smoke. Then top it off with a feast fit for a king.

I invite your review of the up coming holiday feast and fun. I woulld also like to remember those that have served our great country. God bless them all.

Personally I just smoke a great cigar on Memorial Day and a shot of good liquor from one of my bottles. I only recognize two holidays in the year. Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. And coming from a family with a long tradition of serving, the house tends to be quiet on these 2 days of the year. I will probably get 2 steaks this year if the funds is there and have my brother cook them on the grill.

I will hopefully be doing both. I plan on doing a pork butt and some ribs but will probably also end up grilling some brats and burgers too.

I'll be going low & slow.

Sunday we're going to throw down some money on the horses. After that, I'll be getting the smoke going for an all night poker and stogie fest while we tend the brisket and a couple racks of ribs. I just got a drumstick rack, so I'm going to hang a dozen of those in the smoke as well with a new garlic heavy rub I'm tweaking. Should be some good eating come Monday. :D

I'm more of a heat and eat kind of guy...not by preference, but its dictated by time. Will grill some steaks, lobster tails, clams, brats, maybe some salmon and hot dogs and hamburgers for kids. Smoking has alwasy interested me, but I just don't have the time with the constant running around coaching this and that and shuttling the kids to sports, lessons, parties, etc. Maybe one day.

Happy Memorial Day! Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend and spends a little time reflecting on those who sacrificed everything to give us so much.