• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macallan 30 year old Scotch

they are not the same. The one AVB did the review on was aged and/or matured for the full 30yrs in casks which were at one time used in Spain to age Sherry. The other one was not.

OK, so now I have seen on the Macallan site the 2... Sherry Oak and Fine Oak, but still none like in the opening post. So that must be in limited supply and from a vintage year.

Lucky ducky!

CB

While I am older in age than most of you here (68), and a youngster in age for cigar knowledge, I have an intriguing thought. We all joke about different things reducing in quality as we age. Do you suppose our taste buds fall off as well? I truly enjoy reading your take on this fine liquor, but I can not even find the notes in a good cigar.

Thanks for a super review, I always enjoy reading them.

They changed the bottling of the 30 year old sherry oak years ago to what you see now. There are still some old blue bottles out there for sale but Macallan hasn't made them like that in a while. Be careful out there purchasing expensive Macallan scotch. There are a lot of counterfeit bottles out there.

I have a bottle of the Fine Oak 30 and love it but wouldn't spend the money on the Sherry Oak 30 unless I really got a deal and trusted the source. The 25 year Sherry Oak is better at about 1/2 the price.

If anybody REALLY wants the old style Blue Box version, I have one available but it ain't gonna be cheap but will be less then you would normally find.

Macallan has updated the label and it looks like a new wood box replaces the old style box with the silk lining.
I don't think these have arrived in the US yet but should be available soon.

Macallan30SherryOak.jpg

Not every overseas packaging makes it here but this one probably will. It looks kinda light to me for a 30 though.

Not every overseas packaging makes it here but this one probably will. It looks kinda light to me for a 30 though.

The email I received from them said it was on the way to the states. I like the new packaging.

I'm going to smoke a cigar and crack a maccallan 12 sherry cask today so thats a start. I was recently watching that awesome show about Shackleton's crew trying to reach the south pole over a century ago(1st decade of 20th century). A few years back they found in 2007 I believe the already aged whisky since the 1800's before it was bottled frozen in the ice behind, under the hut/shack. They are guessing it was the Dr's doing. He loved his scotch! Anyways they cracked a bottle and were drinking it(after literally extracting it thru a syringe so they could genetically trace the contents. I WANT ONE OF THISE BOTTLES. I can only wish I had cash like some of these guys!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2010/feb/05/shackleton-whisky-recovered?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

there is much more news on this I couldn't find, but the cable show was good and they drank some.