• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major Announcement - Cigar Community as a whole

Well I did read the first post, and after your, once again childish post, I took your advice and re read the 1st post. And nowhere in there is the name Lopez mentioned. And no where in the first thread did Rod call Caputo a liar either.

This is my last post on this forum under this name. Because if I continue to have to answer ridiculous, unfounded remarks like the ones you keep spouting I am gonna get mean with you quickly. So go ahead and flame away.

Emerson said: "What you are, shrieks so loudly, I can't hear a word you say"

To me, that applies to some of the rumblings I've been hearing from certain individuals.

In addition, Cigar smokers are part of a brotherhood. One principle of brotherhood is that an individual acts in the best interest of the universal good. That same individual has to consider if an act is selfish, or selfless.

Perceptions can be changed, positively, or negatively, by the substance of ones actions.

Puffradio - how much is Caputo paying you to spread the propaganda?

Just for the record, perhaps you should read this thread: http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...2&hl=caputo

I'd point out to you how unprofessional, immature (not to mention habitual liers) Lopez and Caputo both are, though I'm sure most of the posts/threads over at CigarLive and Club Stogie have all been deleted.

We don't need any puffer.com propaganda here - I won't scramble your password and be a pussy about it, I'll just ban you publicly. ;)

Dan,

You are ever the thoughtful one. But just in case that flavor doesn't fly with this fellow, let me, as they say "break it down for him." Oh dear, I do believe I'm going to get ghetto on him. Or is it medieval? Medieval ghetto? ???

See bolded comments in the quote below.

dang, why is everyone so uptight about what some dude is doing with his own cash on his own time? Because what he is doing has affected literally thousands of cigar forum/community members and sent ripples through a vast swath of the online cigar-iverse. If I were in a snarky mood, I might ask you where your head has been the last few months as this has been unfolding and fundamentally altering some of these communities. I am new here and I don't know anything about what Jon did to rob Hey now, only certified 5,000-post members get to call Rob "Rob." or even who Lopez is. Been paying attention, have we? [snarky]We're glad to have such a well informed and circumspect new member to the CigarPass family.[/snarky]

No, I don't work for Jon. Fair enough I met the guy, I liked the guy, so what......Now that's just being pissy.

I WILL be a member of Puff
I AM a member of CigarLive
I AM a member of Cigar-review
I AM a member of Top 25
I AM a member of Club Stogie
I AM a subscriber to Cigar Weekly.com
I Have my own cigar blog. Yay! I have two. I guess I'm the boss of you. ;)

and now I AM a member of Cigar Pass.

What's wrong with being a member in different forums and trying to help someone out? Nothing at all. But if your first attempt at "helping" comes across like a lead balloon, you're asked some direct questions, and you respond in such a childish pissy manner only to get snapped back, maybe "helping" isn't exactly what you're thinking you're doing. Like I said I met Jon Caputo and I like the guy. I also met Stan and Kevin at Cigar-review and Kevin sold it, should I hate him? How about Stogie at CigarLive, should I hate him? How about the guys at Club Stogie? Should I hate them? Arguing ad absurdum defeats your attempt to make the point. In fact, we dislike what Caputo and Lopez have done with respect to Rod and have inferred things about their character from said actions. Anyone who professes to hate these individuals would be doing so irrationally. I don't get why you can't be well wishers, and optomists when it comes to new things. Jon Caputo has done nothing to you personally, so why do you hate him? See above. Like I said if there is bad blood with Jon and Rod, I am unaware of it. I guess it's a bit much to expect that a rank newbie would at least glance through a 10-page, 8,500 reply thread before making his FIRST post in it. Perhaps I'm too much of an optimist.

I guess this is going to cause too much of a hassel, and a shame that when you diagree with someones view the default option is too become a child and start with the insults and name calling. Well, what you saw was two senior-ish members having a little back and forth speculation. I'll be the first to apologize if the shoe doesn't fit. If you are, as you say, not an agent of Puff.com, then please accept my apologies for calling you a shill. But look at it from our perspective. You chose a screen name with "Puff" in it, you made your first post in a highly charged thread, and the tenor of your post is strictly "PR/spin control/selling" so what are we supposed to surmise? That's like walking into the lion's cage with a porterhouse hanging from your neck and then crying foul when the big cats have you for a snack. Until later, Please delete this screename. i will reregister lin a few weeks with a different moniker. As other members have so ably pointed out, this is a no-no. If you intend to remain a member of CigarPass and perhaps even work toward a good standing, then I'd suggest you request that Rod (the only administrator, there are no moderators here) change your screen name. BTW, what are your screen names on the other forums you listed? Just wondering. I'm not going to stalk you or anything. I don't like to be browbeat for no reason it is childish and uncalled for. Sigh. It's never me. It's always the other guy. Waaaah.
BTW, I do hope you understand that I'm trying to make a point and have a little fun at the same time. I've got turkey and mojito in my belly and the in-laws are playing with the kids so I'm in a good place...for the next 20 minutes.

Wilkey

I guess this is going to cause too much of a hassel, and a shame that when you diagree with someones view the default option is too become a child and start with the insults and name calling. Until later, Please delete this screename. i will reregister lin a few weeks with a different moniker. I don't like to be browbeat for no reason it is childish and uncalled for.

wambulance.jpg

I just imagined Wilkey saying medieval ghetto and just laughed out loud. :laugh:

Good seeing you today, friend.

Rob

Hey guys, n00b here but actually a member of some of the forums mentioned in Jon's aquisitions. I had a chance to sit down and talk witn Mr. Caputo. He is a very nice guy, personable, and friendly. Of course he is going to try to make money through the website, I think that was a foregone conclusion from all involved. BUT, he has assured me that the site, puff.com will remain free to all members.

Nobody likes change and there has been quite a bit of unrest at some of the sites he purchased. Needless to say, complaining or not, hard feelings or not, puff.com is going to happen with or without the members at those websites that are unhappy. Without going into detail aboout what his vision for puff.com is, I just wanted to say he has nothing but good intentions for the site. He has no intention to crash and burn it. Jon wants it to thrive and be a place where cigar guys like us can go and hang. Pretty much what those sites are now. I see a great opportunity with the advertisers(manufacturers, B&Ms, and online retailers, who will undoubtedly advertise on his site)to bring more to the community, such as contests, trips, interviews, promos, charity events, getting involved with cigar legislation(which I think all sites need to do). Everything that makes this fun for all of us cigar guys. So, I just wanted to add in closing, don't be quick to judge, let's sit back and see what happens, I believe it is going to be a great thing.

Please, do go into detail what his vison is for puff.com.

:thumbs:

Puffradio:

There is some bad blood, but certainly not down to the Hatfields and McCoys. Rod has his way, which is to maintain CP as a non-profit, community-oriented venture; Jon has his way, which is to build puff.com as a for-profit venture, and he's made several acquisitions as a means to funnel traffic and membership to puff.com. Good luck to him, but I'm not in any hurry to leave CP.

What's more to the point, is that you just arrived, nobody knows you from Adam, therefore you have zero credibility when it comes to endorsing someone or something. You might have a point, who knows, but I'm 100% sure that you don't have the mojo to convince anyone yet.

Without going into detail aboout what his vision for puff.com is, I just wanted to say he has nothing but good intentions for the site. He has no intention to crash and burn it.
Um, that train has already left the station. I choose to watch from a distance. ;)

Also, I find it hard to believe that in one meeting with Caputo you ascertained enough about the man to make an informed decision about his "vision". Since you didn't bother to read the unfiltered story before popping off, maybe we aren't the ones who are the jackasses here. Or maybe I'm just being childish...

I'm not as diplomatic as Wilkey, I'll call you a shill and make no apologies for it.

The guy is banned so all you are doing is preaching to the choir now.

I'm not as diplomatic as Wilkey, I'll call you a shill and make no apologies for it.
I did say "if" he wasn't an agent of Puff, I'd apologize. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Rod flushed the bowl on this guy and rightfully so. I'd say this was an act of desperation disguised as one of shilling. It seems to me that Caputo doesn't understand what he's gotten himself into and is now trying to carry out a whisper campaign.

Wilkey

Just a piece of information. Puffradio noted that he was a member of all of the forums purchased by JC. I am a member of Club Stogie, Cigar Live, Cigar Asylum, Cigar Aficionado, Cigar Choice, Cigar Pass, Golf Opinions, Golf WRX, and a few more golf sites that I have forgotten about . On all of those sites, my name is BAGFULLOFPINGS. I did a search for puffradio on each site...guess what...he does not exist as puffradio. If you are going to flame somebody, have the balls to let him know who you are.

Just for the record - Puffradio's hostname is gk-east-25.srvs.usps.gov - meaning he's a postal employee somewhere back east.

Say it aint so.. Put Moki on it.. Postal employee's are all right but if he collects panties, we're all in trouble.. :laugh:

Always fun to stop by and get in on the fun now and again... Keep up the good work Rod! :thumbs:

Just for the record - Puffradio's hostname is gk-east-25.srvs.usps.gov - meaning he's a postal employee somewhere back east.

Tristate area, Rod. NYC/Long Island/Hoboken, NJ

I doubt he's supposed to be posting on CP on state time.