• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Make me fries!

I've got the single and seen it live more than once. Those lyrics are as good as anything you can decipher coming out of Eddie's mouth.

That's hilarious! Of course i sing the wrong words to most songs, tough when you get on in years. :laugh:

Those lyrics make about as much sense as the real ones:

Unsealed on a porch a letter sat.
Then you said, "I wanna leave it again."
Once I saw her on a beach of weathered sand. And on the sand I wanna leave it again. Yeah.
On a weekend I wanna wish it all away, yeah.

And they called and I said that "I want what I said" and then I call out again.
And the reason oughta' leave her calm, I know.
I said "I know what I wear not the boxer or the bag."

Ah yeah, can you see them out on the porch? Yeah, but they don't wave.
But I see them round the front way. Yeah.
And I know, and I know. I don't want to stay.
Make me cry...

I see... Ooh I don't know why there's something else.
I wanna drum it all away...
Oh, I said, "I don't, I don't know wheather I was the boxer or the bag."

Ah yeah, can you see them out on the porch? Yeah, but they don't wave.
But I see them round the front way. Yeah.
And I know, and I know. I don't wanna stay at all.
I don't wanna stay. Yeah.
I don't wanna stay.
I don't... Don't wanna, oh... Yeah. Ooh... Ohh...

The great thing is there are no "real" lyrics - although most found on the net will fit, none were ever written down, and he changes stuff every time he sings it (my brother's band used to have a song like that - must be an 'artistic thing' :p ). I have both singles it was released on, and several live CD's from back before Eddie went all loopy, and I used to think he just couldn't remember the words from jumping off one too many scaffoldings at their shows (they were great live in the early 90's - Lolapoloza, etc.).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Ledbetter

The great thing is there are no "real" lyrics - although most found on the net will fit, none were ever written down, and he changes stuff every time he sings it (my brother's band used to have a song like that - must be an 'artistic thing' :p ). I have both singles it was released on, and several live CD's from back before Eddie went all loopy, and I used to think he just couldn't remember the words from jumping off one too many scaffoldings at their shows (they were great live in the early 90's - Lolapoloza, etc.).

Well you learn something new everyday :thumbs:

There was a before? I remember watching an interview shortly after 10 came out and the majority of it was incoherent, at least to my non-artistic mind.

Couldn't agree more about them being great live though!

That's actually good to know. I've performed this song several times (in bars, talent shows, etc...) and I've never sung the same words twice because I never was sure what the words were. I guess I'm "artistic" (re: lazy)