• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Makers Mark cigar?

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Has anyone had one of these before? What's the feedback? Just curious really, I didn't know there was a Makers brand cigar, much less one that is aromatically seasons with Makers.

Makers Mark Cigar

I wonder if AVB has had it :)

I love the bourbon... But, I have heard that those gars are NASTY!!!
Although, I have yet to try one out myself...

David

I have one in my humidor resting. I know that doesn't help you any, but I am interseted to here any feedback as well.

I love the bourbon... But, I have heard that those gars are NASTY!!!
Although, I have yet to try one out myself...

David
Same thing here. My local herfing buddy got one and said it wasn't all that good. Too bad because the bourbon is pretty tasty... :thumbs:

Tastes vary, and it may be up your alley. Only one way to find out... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

I've had 5-6 of the Markers Mark. There there were 2 types I believe; a Kentucky Bourbon and a congac. One was very good I'd say as good as the Gurkha Infused lines the other I didn’t care for at all. I believe the one I like was the bourbon and the one I despised was the cognac. I can look when I go home for lunch.

I've smoked a couple of these as my brother in law bought some once and we had them together. They are very sweet, IMO and not very good. But, I am not a fan of any type of flavored smokes. I do however collect special edition ones of these. They use different colored wax on the tube and print different things on the crystal for different events. I have a 3 pack box set from a past Kentucky Derby that's pretty neat.

Has anyone had one of these before? What's the feedback? Just curious really, I didn't know there was a Makers brand cigar, much less one that is aromatically seasons with Makers.

Makers Mark Cigar

I wonder if AVB has had it :)

I can get all you want. I have a couple at the house. They used to be shit for along time. I had one a few weeks ago. (my buddy loves em and made me smoke one with him) Was is bad, not really just a change of pace. Now they are hand rolled dominicans good construction and an even burn. The bourbon taste is not overwhelming, just enough to let you know its there. Is it a 12-13 dollar smoke NOPE. Should you try one I say yes. You never know you might just like it.

I will drop by the makers bar tonight and see if i can score some freebies.

I was given on for my birthday from my receptionist/legal secretary who knew I smoked cigars and thought she had gotten me a "really expensive" top shelf premium cigar. I was of course polite and very thankful. It sat around in my humidor for the better part of a year until I finally gave it a go.

I would say that I am generally a pretty forgiving guy when it comes to judging things like movies, food, wine, spirits and cigars. However, I know bad when I have bad . . . and this was pretty bad. With the infusion of the whiskey it was hard to tell whether the tobacco was bad or the infusion flavor was not to my liking. From what I have heard about Makers Mark I would have to say this is a dog turd soaked in really nice whiskey.

Too bad too because it was a very nice gesture on her part and the packaging of those smokes is nice.

I just saw my local shop has these on special....

How about $31.75 for a box of three? Some special! Seems awfully expensive for "dog turds."

I have to agree, the presentaion is nice

Neo

Well, I don't know if I'd go the "dog turd" route on these. While the price keeps me from buying them more often, they are a nice change of pace. Although, I haven't smoked one in a year or two. :whistling:

They are a bit sweet but from what I remember, the burn was even and the aroma was pleasant. I even had a friend, who hates cigar smoke, comment on the aroma. :)

So, I guess you're just gonna have to light one up to see if it suits ya. Enjoy!

Floyd T. :sign:

those cigars to me are like acid cigars that just do not taste right. I have had a couple of cigars in the past with the liquor taste and I would rather drink it than smoke it.

These are one of my favorites. I don't know about others but the flavor of this one is :love:

I didn't care for the Maker's. On the other hand, I do enjoy the Gurkha Platinums infused with cognac. Best prices on either are usually found at cigar bid.

I've tried both the Maker's Mark, and the Courvoisier cigars. The courvoisier one was not too bad, but both of them were on the mild side and too sweet for me. Would rather just buy a bottle and the cigars separately for about the same price.