• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Man O' War

SewerRanger

Ring Gauge: 50
Length: 5
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Wrapper/Color: Ecuador

I was a bit apprehensive when I lit this cigar. The CI cigar club has been known to over inflate just how great a cigar they've sent me is. Add to this the fact that it comes with a headshot of the Trojan Man for a wrapper and you can understand why I'd be nervous to light up. None the less, I decided to brave the cigar gods and see what I was given. Upon first sight it was a very pretty cigar (Trojan Man notwithstanding). The wrapper was a dark brownish color with minimal veins in it. Before lighting it up I took a nice deep whiff. I was pleasantly surprised with a nice mocha sent. Maybe there is something different about the "rare" Ecuador wrapper on this thing. The initial couple of puffs were of a heavy nuttiness with hints of cocoa. It started out full bodied but mellowed into a medium/light-full body within a minute or so. Within 20 minutes of lighting, the original nuttiness gave way to an oaky, woodish flavor but the bitter mocha flavor was still the dominate taste. About halfway through a cornucopia of flavors began to emerge. I tasted oak, coffee, walnut, chocolate, a bit of earth/leather, a hint of spice, and just maybe a bit of vanilla. To compliment these flavors, right before I had to get rid of the tiny nub my cigar had become, a burst of spiciness appeared. It was a great way to end the cigar. The smoke was a satisfying mocha smell that pours off the cigar with every puff. If you smoke inside, you might want to open a window so your cigar can get some oxygen to burn. Overall it was an excellent smoke with a heavy emphasize on the chocolate coffee flavors and I shall buy some more.

I agree. I bought an 8flight sampler of this stogie. I have had one of each size and have no complaints...surprised me as well.

I've burnt through one of each size and while the flavor has been good I had burn issues on all of them, some worse than others.

I'm letting the second half of the lot sit a few months to see if time will help- I think it might- and if so these may end up a pretty decent smoke.

Last year I purchased a 20 count sampler. The taste was amazing. However, the burn was complete S**T. All my buddies have smoked the MOW and they have never had burn problems. Who knows, perhaps the sampler was on sale for a reason.

Jason

When I first heard of this cigar I really didn't want to like it because the name and band are just ridiculous. It looks like some generic bundled cigar, but I have to admit after smoking a few, that they are pretty good. I'd like a job in the marketing department of whatever company makes these cigars. It clearly isn't a very demanding job.....