• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Man...we can't catch a break in Florida

rnccen

I don't have a title
Well Charlie walked over a small portion of the state...Frances has bigger feet and appears to be getting ready to kick all of Florida...West coast / East Coast....they are forcasting her to be a Cat 5 and TWICE the size of Andrew which leveled Homestead, FL.

No rest for the weary... :angry:

which part of florida are you from? last one hurt a lot of my friends i'm realy worried about this one now :(

My daughter lives in Kissimmee - survived Charlie okay ... she wasn't allowed to go home from work.

Smoking one for her and all in the storm's path!

Mark

This ones looks really serious!

Good luck down there over the weekend!!!

In the twelve years I lived in Ft Lauderdale every Hurricane (since Andrew) that has tracked North of Puerto Rico made landfall North of the State line, if landfall at all. I hope this trend continues (that is doen't make landfall at all).

Floyd was the last Hurricane to get my attention and all Ft Lauderdale got was a day off from work and clear skies.

Well, it's the calm before the storm but the weather folks are saying that this one is gonna hit all of Florida hard..... :0

I'd rather have snow. It gets warm enough in PA.

My daughter called to let me know that she is on the ride-out team for her resort, which means that she will be "on the clock" for 72 straight hours to deal with guests and other problems caused by the storm. She found herself unintentionally on the team last storm, and her supervisors asked her to become a regular member of the team. So she is now considered emergency personnel. She has left work today to go home, pack a few things and get a good night's sleep because when she goes back tomorrow, she will be working 3 straight days. One of the benefits of working at a resort is that she will have a guest room to catch some sleep when possible. The ride-out teams in the theme parks don't get such lavish hangouts.

Back