• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

March Madness Pool

Would you join a March Madness pool? And what should the entry fee be?

• Yes, 3-5 premium, super premium smokes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 3-5 premium smokes

• Yes, $5 that will go to buy boxes to be split between winners

• Yes, $10 that will go to buy boxes to be split between winners

• No, I have college basketball

• No, I'm just a cheap f***

• Total voters

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
I know it is early but I would like to guage interest in a March Madness Pool. I have run one or the past 4 years. You can view last years tournament results at MarchPools.com

Fast4Dr said:
I prefer to go the cash route as well :thumbs:
[snapback]154915[/snapback]​

Good, now promise me that I won't end up with Sienna, Quinnipiac, or some other first round sacrificial victim. :p ;) :laugh: :rolleyes:

Only if you pick them. This is a pick the bracket pool. If you click on the link above you can check out last years pool. It has the rules, scoring, etc.

Oh, yeah... I love this time o' year! I'm game, and I'd prefer the $10 cash route.

I'm interested but didn't vote..... yet!

Few qustions..... I like the cash payment for entry but you used the term "boxes" and "winners" to describe the payout under that format. Is this bracket set up to have multiple winners? Also, how many participants do you expect to play? At $10 a piece you'll need to have quite a few participate to be able to buy "boxes". At lease boxes of what I would smoke....LOL!

I'd like to see it be a $25 to $50 entry and give each participant say 5 bracket entries. That will give people a better chance to "stay in" the hunt longer as opposed to being knocked out of contention early. They don't call it March Madness for nothing. :)

My vote would be $50 and 5 entries.

I would say it would be $10 entry fee per bracket and you can have as many entries as you'd like.

Payout would depend on the actual number of entries but would be at least the Top 3

I think at $10 an entry we should be able to get 50-75 entries which would net us 3-5 boxes

25 Punch Punch
25 San Cristobal El Principe
50 Partagas Shorts

We would need 54 entries for the above. If that was the case we would pay out the top 4

1st - 15 Punch, 15 SC, 20 Party
2nd - 5 Punch, 5 SC, 15 Party
3rd - 5 Punch, 5 SC, 5 Party
4th - 10 Party

The above is just an example

I like your example just didn't realize we had the capability to get 50-75 entries from here. Didn't last year have like 20/30 something entries?

Regardless, I'm sure I'll be in based on the type of cigars you used in your example. :) Anyone want my addie now? :whistling:

I also run a money one. $10/entry last year I had 179 entries

Fast4Dr said:
[snapback]155001[/snapback]​

I'll uhhhh ??? shutup now and stand over here waiting for sign up instructions. LOL!

What was the payout to the top finisher in that one?

Allofus123 said:
Fast4Dr said:
[snapback]155001[/snapback]​

I'll uhhhh ??? shutup now and stand over here waiting for sign up instructions. LOL!

What was the payout to the top finisher in that one?
[snapback]155009[/snapback]​
$1,200

SFG75 said:

:0 :0 :0 Everyone really wants me to have that amount!!. :p :p :p Very generous of you people. :whistling: :whistling:
[snapback]155034[/snapback]​
The NFL Suicide Pool I run typically pays out about $2,000 to the winner each year

YOu can look over the site I linked in the original post to see all the different pools I run each year. The next one that comes up is the PGA Tour WGC-Accenture Match Play Tournament at the end of February.

A guy from my town was featured in SI when he correctly predicted every game the year that 'Zona won the tourney(I think it was them) Absolutely amazing, I've filled some sheets out where it seemed as if every time but the ones that I picked!.