• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MD/DC Herf?

Pretty much a given I'll be there. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Man! school is still in session!

Would anyone be free the week after the superbowl? My school is giving us a break from fri. Jan. 30 to sun. Feb. 8th.

I am pretty sure can book a great deal for a plane to fly over from WI.
Would love to meet up w/ a few of you guys if poss.

:thumbs:

Hey guys I was digging through my cigars and I remembered I have a Culebra! Who's in?

I'll be late since I have a family brunch type thing in the a.m.

Educate me.

What's the approach to smoking one of these (I've seen them on the Internet - but not in person - and have no idea what the hell you do with them)? Do 3 people each strip off a stick out of the roll and smoke them separately?

- Oak

went to Ropewalk lastnight and it was a pretty cool setting. I think it should be a good time!

oak said:
Educate me.

What's the approach to smoking one of these (I've seen them on the Internet - but not in person - and have no idea what the hell you do with them)? Do 3 people each strip off a stick out of the roll and smoke them separately?

- Oak
Ok you cut the thread that hold them together. Then you carefully extricate the three "strands." Then you smoke 'em, all the while lookin' goofy cos you hav ethis crazy corkscrew shaped thing stickign out of your mouth!

Basically the idea is to smoke it with two friends. And I have been saving this one for just such an occasion!

I've never smoked one myself but the guy who gave it to me said to be very delicate in taking it apart.

BTW there's a thread on here where someone tried to smoke the whole thing at once!

Lumberg said:
oak said:
Educate me.

- Oak
Ok you cut the thread that hold them together. Then you carefully extricate the three "strands." Then you smoke 'em, all the while lookin' goofy cos you hav ethis crazy corkscrew shaped thing stickign out of your mouth!

Basically the idea is to smoke it with two friends. And I have been saving this one for just such an occasion!

I've never smoked one myself but the guy who gave it to me said to be very delicate in taking it apart.

BTW there's a thread on here where someone tried to smoke the whole thing at once!
Yeah - I'd smoke a 3rd if you need a participant. OR: Watch you smoke all three at once... Either is cool... :D

Couple more questions:

- Do you know what brand of stick(s) is it?

- Do different manufacturers make these as standard parts of their lines - or are these always one-off sort of things?

- Oak

Various manufacturers make it as a standard part of their line. Bolivar (Dom), Partagas (ISOM) being a couple. This one is a Drew Estate. Prolly not the best out there but a fun novelty nonetheless. It's part of their Natural line.

I'll give it a try... but here's an alternative idea for ya:

Find two cute ladies in the bar and get them to smoke the other two strands while they're still connected to yours... don't un-ravel it completely (picture something like the "lady and the tramp" meatball/spagetti scene - but dirtier...)

Probably not physically possible - but it's the herfing equivalent of a spring break vacation...???!!

:thumbs:

- Oak

Shadow said:
Now let's hope the weather cooperates!
wouldn't you know it. the one time I want to do something snow sets in....

the last two so called "storms were dud's....Get geared up for nothing...which translates to [NO SNOW = no $$$$ + NO SMOKES]....we can't have a year like last year every year....

Anyway, If the weather is bad, count me out.. ??? ..But, have great time.... :)

What is the cutoff for bad weather? 2" 4" more? It's only 50% chance right now so let's see what the forecast looks like on Saturday afternoon before deciding to continue or not.

Bah. Our cigars and all that beer are just mocking us and deserve to be consumed. Mercy is for the weak, I say... :D

I say the only cut-off is if a state of emergency is declared and cars aren't allowed on the road. Me and my mustang are stuck heading back down to DC from Harrisburg anyway - so I'll slide my way into Baltimore if need be.

On the other hand, if a blizzard actually does descend, can someone please give me a call on my cell-phone if this gets cancelled? I'll be out-of-band starting tonight. Since AVB's the last man to post, I hereby draft him to call my sorry ass and break the news if this gets cancelled... PM in route.

Cheers,

- Oak

OK - I'm off-line until I see y'all on Sunday...

starting.....

NOW!

Cheers,

- Oak

Sorry for such a late reply to the herf. I'm still planning on being there, weather permitting.

:) :) :)

Just woke up to find 3-4 inches of white stuff outside. My daughter was scheduled to take her SAT this morning and it's been cancelled (yeah like I'm going to able to go back to sleep now! ???). More snow today right through tomorrow.

This isn't looking good for a roadtrip to Baltimore right now. :(

Shqadow ya wimp! :p I'm going to hold off deciding until 10 or so tomorrow morning. if they have done the roads half decent then another few inches won't matter.

Ludwig, I would be coming from just across the PA border going down 83. Oak is in Harrisburg at the moment and would be following the same route on his way home to DC.

That being said, the latest forcast I'm looking at says " Snow developing. Significant accumulations possible." There is a chance of sleet too so that really make those MD drivers crazy. I'm from Buffalo and have a pretty good idea about how to drive in this stuff but you mix 6" of snow, drinks and a possibility of sleet and even I think there could be a better day to hold this.

Since you are the idea man behind this it should be your call as to a go or no go for the herf. Please post your decision sometime before 10 AM tomorrow or even earlier. I have to call Oak before he gets down the road too far.

My apologies to Shadow but I think you called it earlier.

I was going to post the EXACT same thing AVB.

Getting there won't be the problem; but after a nice meal, some cigars, and perhaps a drink or two, the last thing you want to do is drive home as the snow is still falling, for an hour or more.

I for one am 95% sure I won't make it, basically unless this storm somehow takes a left turn around WV or so.