• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

meet the Fuentes

wished I lived near by... :(

Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 34 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 732.52 miles

KayakinBoy said:

[snapback]277939[/snapback]​

chance to talk shop and enjoy a stick with the Fuente's...priceless. :p

KayakinBoy said:

[snapback]277939[/snapback]​

At least you are on the right continent :)
Try travelling from Sweden or try to find the big ones in events in northern europe.

And now for those living in Asia ...... :)

Thanks for the heads up, may try to make this :thumbs:

Those who are nearby should try to make it. These are very, very geniune guys. Very worthwhile.

wow. id love to go to this and get beat over the head for 4 hours about how great carlos jr thinks he is. i think id rather ram a dull, pearing knife through my retena than hear how him and God created the world as we know it. and im sure he'll mix in how he invented the intrenet or saved a baby otter from an oil spill or how he single handedly saved the jews from the german wrath or something.

im am a self proclaimed hypocryte however spending over $1000 on fuente crap last year.

marcsheldon said:
wow. id love to go to this and get beat over the head for 4 hours about how great carlos jr thinks he is. i think id rather ram a dull, pearing knife through my retena than hear how him and God created the world as we know it. and im sure he'll mix in how he invented the intrenet or saved a baby otter from an oil spill or how he single handedly saved the jews from the german wrath or something.

im am a self proclaimed hypocryte however spending over $1000 on fuente crap last year.
[snapback]277981[/snapback]​

:0 lol I take it, that you have met him.

Damn why dose it have to be so far away? Although from marcsheldon description im not so sure.

marcsheldon, you are of course entitle to your opinion but I think you are way off base with your comment about Carlos Fuente Jr. Your representation of him making claims about creating the interent and the like is completely false.

He is a passionate person who lives and breaths cigars. I have always found him to be sincere and honest in everything he says and does. I have spent some time with him away from the crowds, and he is a regular guy who is great to hang with.

I have to agree with The Master. Carlos has a great passion and love for what he does and he absolutely loves when other people enjoy his cigars.

Some people mis-interpret that passion and love as egotistical and think he is full of himself. But I don't believe that to be the case. imho

The Master said:
Your representation of him making claims about creating the interent and the like is completely false.
[snapback]278051[/snapback]​

i thought my overly-sarcastic remarks were obvious. i guess you didnt see that. your right, he never claimed he invented the internet...you busted me on that lie.

ive never "hung out" with him like you have, ive never even met him. ive only seen him on the dvds he has put out and he just seems extremely arrogant. and ill be the first to admit he has every reason to, but i tend to gravitate to people who let their work speak for itself and not have to include a dvd that emphasises it.

again, ive never met him so im probably being way too judgemental, its just my impression.

Sometimes people take drive, for arrogance. It's a natural reaction. To make it in any business you must have a bit of arrogance, or else just plain luck. The luck though will only take you so far before you need to start believing in yourself.

Like Harris, I've had a smoke with Carlito a couple of times and while I've never felt any arrogance on his part, his drive to not only be the best at what he does, but also to bring the best to his customers, are what make him what he is.

bchem said:
anyone up for a mini-herf???
[snapback]278069[/snapback]​

If I go to the Friday event, I guess we all will be herfing at Holt's!

Never had the pleasure of enjoying a cigar with him but I did meet him and his father at the Big Smoke in Atlantic City. They were both very friendly with everyone and took the time to have their pictures taken, give autographs, etc. Their family and company also does tremendous charity work for kids in the DR.

marcsheldon said:

[snapback]277981[/snapback]​

Are your comments based on a personal experience you had with Carlos Jr?

edited: I saw your other post.

Matt R said:
Sometimes people take drive, for arrogance. It's a natural reaction. To make it in any business you must have a bit of arrogance, or else just plain luck. The luck though will only take you so far before you need to start believing in yourself.

Like Harris, I've had a smoke with Carlito a couple of times and while I've never felt any arrogance on his part, his drive to not only be the best at what he does, but also to bring the best to his customers, are what make him what he is.
[snapback]278091[/snapback]​

Bingo. I've had a smoke on more than a few instances with Carlito as well. Never found him to be anything other than extremely hospitable, geninue and truly motivated.

I have found him to be very confident.
And with what he and his Dad have produced, I think he deserves to be so.