• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Memory Lane...

[/quote]

There a few BOTL's that I confide in when I am unsure of things too. Cigarsarge and Ray (Grand Cru 2) a few of them.

Scott1966 and tone-ny also help me out too.
[snapback]259318[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm not quite a FOG...But somebody likes me. :thumbs:

Great post Jingles makes this newbie feel much less inadequate :)

SamClemmons said:
I was already a two year vet on a couple other boards when I posted that. I already knew several guys here so it's not as "in your face" as you might think. Not long before that I had the joy of burning down Leebo on Loversoftheleaf.com (Freddie's board) for being the post padding PIA that he was.
Man... that's a long time ago.

NA
[snapback]259362[/snapback]​

LMAO

Those were the days...

I should post some asshat blast from the past threads...those are fun readin' :laugh:

Lee said:
I should post some asshat blast from the past threads...those are fun readin' :laugh:
[snapback]259398[/snapback]​

Now THAT would be a good idea. :thumbs:

It would give good examples of how NOT to behave here!

Maybe you could even find mine :0

Then again, maybe not :laugh: (Thanks l40 :thumbs: )

I already looked for yours Bill

However, events of late are fond reminders..... :laugh:

Here's one of my favorites...

PuroBrat Nov 1 2003, 09:19 PM Post #30

I am not here :^)

Group: Members
Member No.: 384

I would like to know why it is that one of the Elitist attitude FOGs, who think their Poo don't stink, Flames one of the newbies the way he did, and sudenly you guys decide that PB and LD stir up trouble?? WTF, I left CF because it wasn't a friendly place. Why do you guys want to let these FOGs with delusions of self Importants out and out Flame people and when called on it, they start Shiznet and you blame it instead on the one who pointed out the blatant Flame?

Yes that was a long sentence, but I am not afraid to tell Kenny that what he said about another member, should not have been said. I guess the elitist jerks do indeed stick together, don't they. Forthermore, it seems kindof funny to me that you guys trash me and my brother post after post in a thread and then LOCK it instead of giving US an opportunity to point out how wrong YOU are, seeing as how you got ample time to point out how wrong we are. This is absolutely rediculous. If you want an elitist society of Up tight anal retentave Jerks, then shut the door. If I am in the room and you start Blasting on another member, I am going to point it out.

In conclusion, if you would like the "Popular" FOGs to be able to do and say as they please, and not get a fair exchange from those who think they are wrong, then Kick Me Out. But make sure you realize that if ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, Flamed ANYONE of my fellow members I AM going to stand up for the victim of that Flame, REGARDLESS of how many cigars, OR Buddies, the Offensive party might have.

Thus, the Elitest Snobs Pass was born... :laugh:

stevehawk said:
Hi all,

AVB suggested I do an intro, which sounded like a good idea, so here it is...  not sure exactly what to include, so here's a short bio:

(Sorry to bore ya!)  Happily married, Idaho, 42, Program Manager, former paratrooper, 3 sons, no pets, blah, blah, blah....

I was introduced to cigars about 6 months ago when some guys I work with and I started playing weekly poker games.  Since then, I've gotten slowly but firmly drawn into the fold.  Now, I look forward to the cigar breaks more than the poker.  (We've begun playing our games in the garage now so that we can smoke through the entire game without suffering the wraths of our repsective spouses or getting kicked outside...  heh heh...)

That's about it...  Next poker game is tomorrow, so all is well in the world(Except it's in the friggin garage -- and it's cold as hell -- ah, well, the smokes make it worth it!) 

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em!

Steve
[snapback]142094[/snapback]​

HA!! That was my garage! :laugh:

Thanks for reminding me of all the time I've wasted with you clowns :p

Good times :D

ggiese said:
kiltedcraftsman said:
Although he doesn't consider himself a FOG, Stevehawk introduced me to the board and happens to be one of my best friends and my own personal (and local) FOG!!! When he posts, newbs would be smart to listen!
[snapback]259284[/snapback]​

And I hear he really likes teabags.... :laugh:
[snapback]259288[/snapback]​

Point of clarification, George: It's not that I like teabags. I merely enjoy the fact that YOU really like teabags. (I'm just being supportive of your hobbies.)

Great post Jingles. :thumbs: This is awesome, it is like looking at baby pictures of superheroes. :laugh: I especially like Neal's confidence for such an early post here at cp. Thanks for that this morning.

CYG

We ran Purobrat off of CF years ago because he was such a loser. Funny how he has been run off of other sites as well.

I started posting on cigar BB's in January of 1997 when CA came on line. I also posted at the original Cigar World site at the same time. I started posting on CF in August of 97 back when it was only one room. I was the first person to be banned from Cigar Weakly( around 98-99) because the owner Dan B was protecting a scumbag that had robbed one of the CF guys. He didn't like my posts towards the guy so he deleted them and when I called him a pussy he banned me. lol

I was never a newbie when it came to cigars, I started smoking hand made cigars back around 1984.

This FOG business just cracks me up. Most of you so called Fuggin Old Guys are actually products of the Cigar Boom. Most of you were in diapers or just a gleam in your daddy’s eye when I and a few others here that I’ve noticed started smoking cigars in the early 70’s. Back then it wasn’t cool for a 20 something to be seen in public smoking a stogie. In fact we were probably the object of ridicule amongst our friends.. So if you’re a cigar boom FOG please keep in mind that you just ain’t that flippin’ old and your not exactly a pioneer.

Doc.

LOL! You've got a few years on me and I started in the early 70's. The military was one of the few places it was accepted as you well know.

Devil Doc said:
This FOG business just cracks me up. Most of you so called Fuggin Old Guys are actually products of the Cigar Boom. Most of you were in diapers or just a gleam in your daddy’s eye when I and a few others here that I’ve noticed started smoking cigars in the early 70’s. Back then it wasn’t cool for a 20 something to be seen in public smoking a stogie. In fact we were probably the object of ridicule amongst our friends.. So if you’re a cigar boom FOG please keep in mind that you just ain’t that flippin’ old and your not exactly a pioneer.

Doc.
[snapback]259627[/snapback]​

AVB, you were one of the few I was refering to.

Doc.

Devil Doc said:

Doc.

Nah - I was a serious pain in my daddy's ass back in the early 70's... He was trying to launch me from the house around that time... (he was VERY angry when he caught me smoking blueberry Tiparillo's and Tijuana Smalls :laugh:)

Thank GOD my tastes have changed since then... :whistling:

Devil Doc said:

Doc.
So are you actually insulting and belittling guys because they are not as old as you?

What cracks me up is the guys that are new here but think they should be entitled anyway.

NA

You won't find a welcome post from me, since the early days of CP were wiped out by an early server change. Ron may have them saved somewhere, but I think I remember they were lost. Like The Master, I started posting to the forums around '97. First did a lot of reading on ASC (maybe even before '97, I had Web TV at the time and you could not post to newsgroups). Then I went over to Bob Curtis' site, ICG and began posting over there. Also did some reading at CF when it was just one board and I don't think a sign up was involved. I didnb't actually sign up there until 2000, I think. Pretty much stayed put at ICG for a couple of years and then the other boards started popping up.

As far as the FOG thing, I don't think it in any way is related to the number of years smoking a cigar. I did begin smoking "seriously" during '96 and the boom. Had cigars at parties with college buddies during the late 80's, but had no idea what they were, nor did I care. The FOG thing is more about an individual boards hierarchy, just like it would be in any "club". You pay your dues toward the membership, in one way or another, and then the "FOG" title kinda fades away. Frat boys should know what I am speaking about. So, just because you have been smoking cigars longer than anyone, doesn't mean you can crash into a club and become the top sh*t. It takes some time and patience.

Well said Matt.

As far as your post Devil Doc, no problem with you being the older one....just means you'll probably die first.

SamClemmons said:
Devil Doc said:
This FOG business just cracks me up. Most of you so called Fuggin Old Guys are actually products of the Cigar Boom. Most of you were in diapers or just a gleam in your daddy’s eye  when I and a few others here that I’ve noticed started smoking cigars in the early 70’s. Back then it wasn’t cool for a 20 something to be seen in public smoking a stogie. In fact we were probably  the object of ridicule amongst our friends..  So if you’re a cigar boom FOG please keep in mind that you just ain’t that flippin’ old and your not exactly a pioneer.

Doc.
So are you actually insulting and belittling guys because they are not as old as you?

What cracks me up is the guys that are new here but think they should be entitled anyway.

NA
[snapback]259673[/snapback]​

And I thought I was the only one who had this reaction. ???

Last I checked a FOG had a lot to do with time on this board. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!