• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Miami Bound

Goalee1

Will be in Miami for a few days and was wondering what you guys liked as far as food and smokes. Will be heading to calle ocho for a walking trip maybe 1/2 day. Saw that El Credito is no longer looks like Pepins place and El Titan de Bronze are two stops recommended. Any other opinions? G1

Pepin's place, El Rey de los Habanos is right next door to El Credito. El Titan de Bronze is diagonally across the street from both. I really like the El Titan Sungrowns. The folks at El Titan are always very friendly and talkative, and you can get a much closer look at their production (and pester them with questions in English in case you don't speak Spanish) than at any of the other factories. Skip Padron unless you want to buy full boxes or one of their big black square ceramic ashtrays.

Plan on finishing your little walking tour at Padilla's place up the street a few blocks (1501 SW 8th St.) since they're the only ones to really offer a place to sit down and enjoy a smoke indoors.

Keep massaging your search terms--there's a lot of useful information scattered around CP. Searching for "calle ocho" with the quotation marks is a good place to start if you haven't done so already.

What kind of food/restaurant/dining experiences are you looking for? I'm not going to be a huge amount of help since I'm more familiar with the suburbs than downtown or the beach, but I'd certainly be glad to assist in whatever way I can...