• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

mild cigars

Sockmonkey

As some of you know I am new to cigars and so far I have had some great smokes but they have all been a little on the strong side. I enjoy them while I am smoking them but pay later. So can you guys recommend some milder cigars for us newbees to cut our teeth on?

Sockmonkey,
I'm sure the wise elders will have plenty of good advice. The smoke that started it all for me was a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta (Robusto). I found my way into a B&M one day and basically had a great chat with the owner. She gave me a great tour of the humi and pointed out characteristics of seemingly every smoke in the store! I bought one, enjoyed the heck out of it and that was all it took. I don't find them very strong at all, with a nice creamy flavor. Give one a try and write the review!

Cheers!

Trey

A couple that come to mind are cao gold & ashton regular line. Also go with shorter & smaller ring guage. If you start getting that sick feeling eat a couple tea spoons of sugar or eat chocolate candy bar or drink a pop. Hope this helps

John

Macanudo and Romeo y Julieta are a couple mild sticks that are flavorful.

I to enjoy a good mild cigar as my everyday smoke.

Excalibur #5 is my primary.

H.Upman #20 is also a very good mild smoke.

Hope that helps.

thanks guys will write these down and look in my B&M this week for some of them.

Diamond Crowns are the best mild cigars out there (IMHO).

I agree with this. Diamond Crown and Ashton were two of the first brands I started smoking when I was new to cigars (I still am new compared to 99.9% of the people here).

You might try the Don Diego Reserve. Very mild and ffull of flavor. :thumbs:

A couple that come to mind are cao gold & ashton regular line. Also go with shorter & smaller ring guage. If you start getting that sick feeling eat a couple tea spoons of sugar or eat chocolate candy bar or drink a pop. Hope this helps

John

I agree with yogimon. In addition, I just had an Indian Tabac Corojo that was really good. I prefer stronger/fuller/maduros/ligeros/etc. - but this Corojo was mild yet interesting.

John

Pepin's Tabaco Baez and any Padron x000 line & '64 line come to mind (naturals). Oh, and check out the Quintero Robusto Naturals...fantastic.

Rocky Patel's Edge Lite is one of my favorite smokes. When I worked at the B&M I used to recommend this to all the newer smokers. Never once had someone say I made a poor suggestion

I would also put most all Avo cigars on your list to try. Great mild cigars in my view, and a perfect early day starter for me.

Joe G

Sockmonkey,
I'm sure the wise elders will have plenty of good advice. The smoke that started it all for me was a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta (Robusto). I found my way into a B&M one day and basically had a great chat with the owner. She gave me a great tour of the humi and pointed out characteristics of seemingly every smoke in the store! I bought one, enjoyed the heck out of it and that was all it took. I don't find them very strong at all, with a nice creamy flavor. Give one a try and write the review!

Cheers!

Trey

Trey is right on with the Reserve Selecta.

I would also add NC Por Laranaga (I hate Altadis) and Ashton's Cabinet.

RyJ Bully, Reserva Real, and Anniversario.

Montecristo White Label.

If you can find them, Zino Mouton Cadet.

~Boar

I would recommend the 5 vegas gold series. I don't like ANY of their other stuff, but there's something about this stick that just touches me in the right places.

CAO golds are good, and Davidoffs are delicious if you're willing to spend a little more money.

Oh and the Carlos torano casa torano.

Enjoy.