• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mini-Interview with Rod

SyrLinus

Virtualized Security Geek
When I first started smoking cigars I went online and searched for forums and other resources to find out more info about them. The first place I ever landed was CigarPass. I was impressed as to how long it had been around and liked the simple look as well as the community attitude. Rod is very open and friendly to questions and queries (although often busy since he’s the site main coder and all-around geek).

The serious questions

1. Has the growth the forum gone as expected or did it exceed your expectations?

To be honest, the growth of the forum is not quite what I expected 10 years ago. CigarPass was intended to be just that, a site where cigar lovers could come to trade and pass cigars. I quickly realized that you cannot host a trading site without the community atmosphere; that’s where the full fledged forum quickly came in. I started out with just a couple of forum categories, and slowly expanded to include The Lobby, Cuban Cigar Talk, BST, Beer/Wine/Liquor, etc. I’ve always been very cautious when adding new categories, as I don’t want CP to become just another online forum. So, back to your question… I did not expect CP to someday become the most trafficked cigar community; however I am very proud that this happened. CP has truly exceeded my expectations in many ways, most particularly the friends I have made here, and the many friendships that I have seen created throughout the world. Truly an amazing feeling to see something so small flourish into what it is today.

For the full interview, see here: http://www.cigarnewbie.com/?p=1042

Great mini-interview SyrLinus. I think it is was also a great idea. I'm sure there are many newbies on CP, who don't know who Rob is, or what he is about. Thanks for posting.

Great mini-interview SyrLinus. I think it is was also a great idea. I'm sure there are many newbies on CP, who don't know who Rob is, or what he is about. Thanks for posting.

Who is Rob :laugh: ?

Jim

LOL, thanks. Like stepthirteen, I dunno who this Rob is but I'm sure they'll get to know Rod a bit with this.

:sign: typos will get ya every time. ;)

Oops...sorry about the typo.

LOL, thanks. Like stepthirteen, I dunno who this Rob is but I'm sure they'll get to know Rod a bit with this.

sign.gif
typos will get ya every time.
wink.gif