• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Minister Humidors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why stir the shit, I don't see the point.

Wasn't meant to stir anything, though I'm sure it looks that way. Really the point I am making here is that this missive nonsense is getting pretty old. Especially when the target isn't deserving.

What is wrong with you people?! Just because you've been here a long time it doesn't give you an all-out pass to be an asshole?! Humidor Minister is a standup guy, has been very helpful to me in PMs, and was the inspiration needed for me to build my first humidor (which I gave to my father, there's a pic with a post somewhere around here). If you think his humidor's cost too much... then don't buy one. I'm NOT him... yet I STILL take offense to the insinuation that he's a crook. That is totally out of line, I don't care HOW long you've been a member here. Also, Doc, how do you EXPECT someone to react to something like that?! Don't cattle prod a cow and get surprised when it kicks you!? You were LOOKING for a response.
Also, as a woodworker I can tell you that double-double dovetails are an impossibility to any woodworker without super-human abilities. Heck, the joint was INVENTED when Incra released it's first edition of the jig that Minister uses (the joint I'm referring to is the one on the flamed maple/bubinga humidor's edges).
Please people... showing a total lack of tact and then getting mad when you get a response... grow up.
Chris

Ok fellas, thats it. We got poor Tapes' butt all sore.

Let me add that things are not all what they seem.

"Reputation" - "Integrity" - "Responsibility" - "Community". All are very key ingredients to the success of CigarPass.
When someone publicly posts:

"What I had to offer far outweighs what you brought to the table."

...makes me wonder - is this person truly acting in the interest of the community?

Wasn't meant to stir anything, though I'm sure it looks that way. Really the point I am making here is that this missive nonsense is getting pretty old. Especially when the target isn't deserving.

Got to throw the bullshit flag, Tapes. Stirring is exactly what you meant to do.

Thanks Rod for this post.
Devil Doc and Coventry Cat seem to be ganging up yet again, and this time I feel it's certainly not warranted.
I can attest to the quality of Humidor Minister's work and its well worth the $800 he's charging for one of his museum pieces!
I was lucky enough to win his ashtray that he donated to help the wounded warriors fund raffled off at the Quad State herf (see Signature photo), It's absolutely beautiful. Doc, I think you ought to go after some more rant worthy people and leave the good guys alone, and Bill, well, we all know YOU'RE (correct usage, as in YOU ARE) an a$$hole!. Love you dude, but you gotta admit this is out of bounds! Fire away!

Are you absolutely sure that Doc and CC were attacking? Like I said, things are not always what they seem. I think you have an agenda. I'm so touched that you could bring yourself to spend money on wounded warriors.

Got to throw the bullshit flag, Tapes. Stirring is exactly what you meant to do.

Devil Doc and Coventry Cat seem to be ganging up yet again, and this time I feel it's certainly not warranted.
I can attest to the quality of Humidor Minister's work and its well worth the $800 he's charging for one of his museum pieces!
I was lucky enough to win his ashtray that he donated to help the wounded warriors fund raffled off at the Quad State herf (see Signature photo), It's absolutely beautiful. Doc, I think you ought to go after some more rant worthy people and leave the good guys alone, and Bill, well, we all know YOU'RE (correct usage, as in YOU ARE) an a$$hole!. Love you dude, but you gotta admit this is out of bounds! Fire away!

Are you absolutely sure that Doc and CC were attacking? Like I said, things are not always what they seem. I think you have an agenda. I'm so touched that you could bring yourself to spend money on wounded warriors.

If there is an agenda here or things aren't "what they seem," would you please enlighten us newbies. I, for one, appreciate Bill's work and the tutorials he's posted. If there is something we should know, then by all means put it out there so we won't waste any more time with him.

Ok fellas, thats it. We got poor Tapes' butt all sore.

Let me add that things are not all what they seem.

:sign:

-----------------------

Folks...make sure the flag pole's not frozen when you go to stick your tongue on it. ;)

-----------------------

If there is an agenda here or things aren't "what they seem," would you please enlighten us newbies. I, for one, appreciate Bill's work and the tutorials he's posted. If there is something we should know, then by all means put it out there so we won't waste any more time with him.

Not the voyeur type, are you?

Our agenda is that there isn't one. Believe it or not, CC isn't picking on anyone. It took me more than a year of butting heads with him to understand him. He is simply brutally honest and possibly one of the best friends you could have. If Bill (CC) doesn't like you, there is absolutely no misunderstanding. Doc is a shipmate, friend, and Brother. He's old enough to speak for himself, but I don't see any insult in his post. I have had private exchanges with Bill (HM) to assure him. Doc and Bill both appreciate fine woodwork.

Tapes however, is simply a troll.

There's no reason for this thread to become derailed too. If you guys don't like this thread, don't post in it. Simple as that. The drama is getting old, again...

Well said Rod

Maybe I'm missing something... What exactly has Bill done to deserve this? He has approval to sell in the retailer forum, what's the problem guys? Please enlighten me...

Maybe I'm missing something... What exactly has Bill done to deserve this? He has approval to sell in the retailer forum, what's the problem guys? Please enlighten me...
He's dazzling the uninformed with fancy veneers and gaudy combinations of wood and charging way too much for his efforts. Like I said in my post, if he was doing what he was doing with plane, chisel and dovetail saw he'd be worth the money he's asking. Keep in mind, I have the same opinion of Norm Abrams another notorious machine operator.

Doc.

Thank you Mr Tapes. I'm glad you are enjoying "your" :laugh: ashtray. I'll be happy to do it again next year. I just want to be a positive contributor and bring something unique to the table. I'd also like to assist anyone in their efforts to try a project themselves. I bring 30 years of experience in woodworking to the table. It's yours for the taking. If you think smoking a great cigar is satisfying you aught to try woodworking while you smoke that cigar. It's great.:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Why don't we start over.
Hi! I'm Bill. I enjoy smoking great cigars and fine woodworking. :thumbs: :D

Devil Doc I would like to politely address your reference to veneer. The only place you'll find veneer on my humidors is on the lid. The reason for this is due to the fact if I use solid material, it will move with the increase in RH when it is seasoned. This will blow apart any wood joint you can do. There would be no way to frame the figured wood in the center. The rest of the joinery is not an inlay. It is a full joint through the corners. The sides are all solid wood and the interior is 3/4" Spanish Cedar. I would again like to invite you to go to my link to see every step I do from beginning to end. Possiblly then you will have a different outlook on the process. I am fully able to do hand cut box joints and dovetails but there's no way I could sell a humidor for $800.00 and put that much time into it. The build of these is a very long process as it is. Again my friend, please go to my link and take a look at just what's involved. One more thing. The ashtrays are solid through and through and turned on a lathe. :D
http://www.humidorminister.com/build_gallery.html

My friends this should clear up any doubts about the ashtrays. Here's one on the lathe being built. If you like, the next time I make one I'll do a step by step build. Don't worry, I'll put it here in the retail section. Wouldn't want any misunderstandings.
352052107.jpg

352052090.jpg

352291230.jpg

352291228.jpg

352291225.jpg

OK, I GIVE UP!!!!!! HERE'S MY SECRET!!!!! I HAVE AN EASY BUTTON!!!!LMMFAO
363373913.jpg

What is wrong with you people?! Just because you've been here a long time it doesn't give you an all-out pass to be an asshole?! Humidor Minister is a standup guy, has been very helpful to me in PMs, and was the inspiration needed for me to build my first humidor (which I gave to my father, there's a pic with a post somewhere around here). If you think his humidor's cost too much... then don't buy one. I'm NOT him... yet I STILL take offense to the insinuation that he's a crook. That is totally out of line, I don't care HOW long you've been a member here. Also, Doc, how do you EXPECT someone to react to something like that?! Don't cattle prod a cow and get surprised when it kicks you!? You were LOOKING for a response.
Also, as a woodworker I can tell you that double-double dovetails are an impossibility to any woodworker without super-human abilities. Heck, the joint was INVENTED when Incra released it's first edition of the jig that Minister uses (the joint I'm referring to is the one on the flamed maple/bubinga humidor's edges).
Please people... showing a total lack of tact and then getting mad when you get a response... grow up.
Chris

You appreciate humimini's work, but you don't appreciate the work of the likes of Doc or CC or NullSmurf. You probably don't like the work of SamClemmons either, do you?

Strange - I believe they are more beneficial to the community than humidors. And that SamClemmons' work is particularly pretty and crafty, if I do say so myself.

...and please - quite trying to turn this discussion into something that fits your agenda. It's not as ugly as you're trying to make it... :rolleyes:

My friends this should clear up any doubts about the ashtrays.

You cleared up my doubt a LONG time ago... :thumbs:

Perhaps I'm the village idiot when it comes to fancy wood (oh Lord, Gary's gonna have a field day with that one...) but after perusing the Diamond Crown and Elie Bleu offerings, $800 doesn't seem all that unreasonable for one of these.

Then again, I'm the frugal type and love to catch deals. I simply can't rationalize spending that much on a humidor right now. Those of you that have the coin and want one, power to you. I know well the motto "you get what you pay for." However, on the other side of the blade "sometimes you get what you can afford".

I can see both sides of the argument, but nonetheless I think the work is stunning.

Edit: Typo.

Edit 2: And yes, I think the work of Elie Bleu/DC is quite nice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.