• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MLBTV

Wisco

Just 86ed my cable bill via Hulu Plus. The one big hurt is not getting the Brewers once the season starts. Wanted to see if anyone out there has used MLBTV and what they think of it. Especially if anyone has used it via the PS3 app. Just trying to take a look at my options.

Fortunately Bob Uecker is stil the voice of the Brewers, but only does 6 innings. Fan Conflicted.

I have a friend in DC who cheers for his original-home team on MLB.tv. I think he watches on the PC and I do not know how the picture quality stacks up on a larger TV screen, but it does the job for him. They do not have cable either, but it takes care of his fix.

In other news: Jason Heyward hit the first HR of 2011! What a powerful and compact swing for a second year player.

edit for bad spelling

I had it two seasons ago and found it well worth it. Only issue is that it has local blackouts so if you are in the Brewers TV rights area you'll be blacked out on Brewers games unless they've changed that. For example I couldn't get Jays games on it. The Jays black out area is all of Canada even when their games are on cable networks vs basic cable networks.

I had it two seasons ago and found it well worth it. Only issue is that it has local blackouts so if you are in the Brewers TV rights area you'll be blacked out on Brewers games unless they've changed that. For example I couldn't get Jays games on it. The Jays black out area is all of Canada even when their games are on cable networks vs basic cable networks.

Thanks for that. That would be a huge factor. Fox Sports broadcasts every game. That would leave almost every game blacked out.

Fortunately Bob Uecker is stil the voice of the Brewers, but only does 6 innings. Fan Conflicted.

If I were him, I would only want to do 6 innings as well :laugh:
I disagree. If I were Uecke I wouldn't want to listen to Corey Provost either.

I have it and love it. I'm sitting on my deck watching the Yankees play Toronto as I write this. My laptop isn't really capable of doing the HD broadcasts at full screen but the window box is good enough for me. My desktop has no trouble at all though. I don't have a PS3, but I use a Roku box so I can watch it on my TV. Its really pretty good. Its not quite as good as an HD broadcast over cable, but its still very good. Better than the old 13" TV I used to watch games on when I was kid.

As a New Yorker living in Philly it was a must for me. Just check the website, they check your IP address and tell you what markets will be blacked out in your area.